“Clean and safe”
Review of Select Inn

Select Inn
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Checking in late Friday night after an arduous day of travel, I received a warm greeting and swift check-in. The hotel was very clean (don't know what some of the previous reviewers are talking about) and it looks like some updating has recently taken place. The room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast was nice. I would have given a top score, if I hadn't been in a room on the side that faces the highway - even with the room darkening curtain pulled, I was still aware of truck traffic much of the night. But the way the hotel is situated, half the building faces this way so it is what it is. But there are cute little balconies on each room, and it was nice to be able to open the sliding door and get a feel for the weather.
I will stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for an odd numbered room to be away from the highway side
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BoogieWoo
jsully11, Director of Sales at Select Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you very much for your nice comments. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The room my sister and I stayed in was not clean..no Kleenex the people at front desk wasn't friendly the bathtub didn't drain the floor in bathroom had hair on it the beds were hard had a musky smell leak under sink in the vanity .the breakfast was the only thing I can say anything possitive about and u know what a continental breakfast consists of..

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
jsully11, Director of Sales at Select Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I am very sorry to hear about your experience during your stay with us. Our Housekeeping Staff is trained to inform our front desk and management about anything that is out of order or that needs repair in a guest room and it looks like this time we failed to do our job.

There is no excuse for the problems that you encountered. I am sure that you reported these problems to our front desk staff so that we could address your concerns right away or move you to another room so I will check with them to see why your problems were not taken care off.

I just got back from vacation and would like to personally inspect the room that you were in. Please send me an email with the room number that you were in or your full name and the dates that you stayed with us. Email: jimsullivan.clarionhotel@comcast.net Thank you, Jim

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The room was very big and the furniture was dated but it was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was nice but definitely not friendly - minus the housekeeper who wished us a very nice day and safe travels (she saw we were on a motorcycle). That really made my day that she made the extra effort to say something to us. The eggs for breakfast were the best I've ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bountiful-IA
jsully11, Director of Sales at Select Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. Our entire staff and management enjoyed having you and several of your friends stay with us. We have reviewed your comments with our staff at our weekely staff meeting and we all promise to make your return visit much more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

amazing food, location, and cleanliness. stayed for 4 nights. no complaints from me :) my husband and I enjoyed the fact that it was right next to the quaker steak. got to hear some amazing bands. the rooms were very clean and well kept along with the lobbies and hall ways.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank mmgriff

Wow! We get all excited when we see these reviews from happy families and guests. All we can say is thank you and please hurry back. We already miss you!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I am happy with my stay at the Clarion Inn for the past few days. Although the rooms are small and dated they are clean! The staff is friendly and the hotel is a convenient jog to UT. I enjoyed swimming in the pool. They are always cleaning. Suggestions: order new dining room chairs.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Travelingswimmom

The entire staff here at the Clarion Inn Knoxville is very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to have nice clean rooms, a helpful & friendy staff and reasonable room rates. You made our day with your nice comments. Please hurry back!

Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights bc we had no air at our place and we absolutely loved it. Smells, looks, feels clean. We even got military discount without asking for it. She (clerk) asked us for discounts. They have separate towels for the pool. Breakfast was very good. Will stay again..... Thank you for such a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Crasar82

We all thank you for your wonderful comments. Please hurry back and when you do, stop by our executive offices and say hello. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the past 2 months and have had no problems what so ever, beds are very comfortable and rooms are clean and love the private balconys. Staff has been great on both visits also. I will stay here again and would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AKyguy

We all thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. It's people like you that make our jobs enjoyable. Hurry back and once again all we can say is thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!