Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff
Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$81
$96
Country Inn
$97
$72
$120
  • Pool
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$72
$94
$148
$132
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$119
$164
$159
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$89
All reviewsmon wedevening foodmarriott propertiespotato chipsserved chickenpulled porkaccommodate any requestbedroom suitepots and pansgreat hotelfull size fridgeboiled eggsut footballhome away from homeminute drivethe staff was super friendlyneeded a place to stay
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a two bedroom two bath suite; the room appeared to be clean. On close examination there were a couple of small (dead than goodness) roaches on the floor. Now, I know that they are impossible to keep away, but still Eeeww -- gross! Front staff not overly friendly or accommodating. When we called ahead to say we would be arriving late and asked to have the sofa bed made up (b/c our previous Residence Inn Stay necessitated a wait for sheets for over an hour) we were informed (shortly after 5p pm) that housekeeping had gone home for the night. We had thought that if we asked to have the bed made up we would stand a better chance of having sheets there, and actually that did work. The elevator went out several times during our one night stay. Be advised, the Inn is very hard to find amid the Staybridge/Courtyard complex, it's really tucked back and away. Nice breakfast and the breakfast staff was so pleasant.

Room Tip: I would opt for a ground floor room in case that elevator goes out again!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the feedback and would like to address a couple of the concerns you raised.

I apologize for the bugs. Actually, they were probably beetles. Knoxville is 19 inches above normal for rainfall this year and little critters are seeking any dry place they can find... homes, shops, and , yes, hotels. We treat aggressively for pests (the reason they were dead) and try to prevent them from getting in as much as we can.

As for the sheet request... my staff person should have explained the situation better. ALL of our rooms have a sleeper sofa and ALL are stocked with a set of sheets for those beds. We typically do not make the sleepers so that incoming guests are assured that the sheets are not there from a previous guest. I apologize if you had wo wait on sheets at another Residence Inn, as it is standard that we have complete sets bagged and in the room at check-in.

Thank you again for your observations. I have touched base with my desk person to ensure we are communicating more thoroughly in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Easy check in. Small pool area, but clean! Tiny workout facility, but very nice equipment. Breakfast was great -hot, big variety, kept stocked. Only downfall is the breakfast closes up by 9 am.

The room was really nice. Lots of space, plenty of towels, modern kitchenette with full sized fridge, no DVD player in the room. The hallways do need re-habbing as the carpet is very stained and gives a bad first impression.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate the positives and work to improve any "less than" positive. I apologize for the hallway carpet issue. We had someone drag something that was leaking the length of the hallway a couple of weeks ago. We have shampooed a couple of times now, and it keeps coming back. We are having a carpet company out next week to look at pulling and treating the carpet in that area.

Again, thanks for posting your observations!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Pros: Quality front desk staff and the females who worked in the breakfast and appetizer sections. The bed. Friendly maids. The sheets and towels- first quality. The weight room had plenty of machines and dumbbells. The pool. The kitchen area in the room was well stocked with the exception of no pop corn. The in room coffee was delicious. I liked how the bedroom area can be closed off. The shower was plenty hot and the water flow came out strong. Nice supply of two different free papers.

Cons: The hot tub was covered and not in use. We were on the first floor and we could hear the people above our room. No pop corn in the room, no ice in the fridge. By the time it made ice, it was too late. Finding the hotel, even with GPS, was very difficult. There was only soup and salad for the appetizer to eat. The salad seemed to be several days old. The lemonade was good but the tea was too watered down.

I did notice the hotel is located around several other Marriott chains. One couple walked in for breakfast from one of the other chains, the Courtyard. I understand the Courtyards do not offer a free breakfast. So, unless there is a deal between the two facilities, Residence Inn got beat for four breakfast meals. I am sure this happens more often than not.

All in all, got a great room for the price. Would stay again for sure next time we travel through Knoxville.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and did not face the highway. Probably your best bet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Theyoung1
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for all of the positives you mention regarding your stay. We have a great staff and enjoy what we do. Addressing the whirlpool situation... we are awaiting a back-ordered lift for the spa to meet ADA requirements. Should be here any day, as we have received and installed the one for the pool.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Residence Inn used to be my go-to hotel as we have a large family and it's very convenient to have several rooms and a kitchen. I have never been disappointed in my stay until I stayed at this location. First, I would like to say that the lady working at the front desk was very kind and friendly and we had no problems with checking in/checking out. However, the room we stayed in had food crusted on the couch cushions, dirty shower liners, and grime on the curtains. It just wasn't the standard I'm used to with Residence Inn and I am sad to say that I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: I would check out your room first to make sure it's clean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gozzies
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Please let me apologize for issues you found in your room. This is not our normal product and I suspect we may have had a room turned over as ready when it was slated for a general (deep) clean after a long term guest departed. All rooms are cleaned after check-out, however, in the case of a long term guest departure, we then enter and shampoo upholstery, drapes, etc. after the standard cleaning. It appears one of the staff may have reported your room ready to rent with the general clean having not been performed. A very rare oversight. As you can see from our other Trip Advisor comments, we keep a clean hotel.

If your travels bring you back to Knoxville in the future, I hope you will give us another opportunity to fill your lodging needs.

At your service,

David Johnston

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This RI seems very average. All rooms are internal like a hotel, and we stayed on the 3rd floor. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Parking near the front entrance was limited when the hotel was full. Breakfast was fine, nothing outstanding. We found nothing memorable about this hotel, but do not really have any negative comments. The walls did seem unusually thin for a RI, and we heard the neighbors talking and turning on water. The hotel was clean, and the front desk staff were fine.

Room Tip: The north side rooms face I40 - not sure if they are a little louder than those away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Residence Inns are all about consistent service, a nice clean room and a good breakfast at a reasonable price. Our biggest asset is our staff and hopefully, next time, we'll have the opportunity to interact a little more and "wow' you!