“Great Hotel”

Ranked #46 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Waterloo, Canada
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A warm welcome await s you at his great Marriott property. Customer service is terrific. Rooms are clean and welcoming. Hot buffet breakfast fuels you for the day. This hotel is always my choice when travelling in Knoxville..

Room Tip: Ask for room away form the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
It's great to hear from one of our regulars! Appreciate the high rating. We continue to strive to provide the best experience we can and your feedback helps us know we're on the right track. Thanks for taking the time to pass along your experiences with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Although a little hidden from the road, overall nice hotel.

Staff could write the book on excellent customer service. We arrived early - our room wasn't quite ready but they automatically upgraded us to a suite! It was nicely appointed although the carpeting in the entire hotel could use a good cleaning or replacement and some furniture showed its age.

Room was a little noisy - as it faced I-40 but it was tolerable. As for breakfast - it was ok. Nothing too exciting -- typical eggs, ham. The ham could have been a bit better quality so I just enjoyed yogurt and some granola with fruit. When asked about some ingredients due to allergies, the hostess was gracious and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing I-40
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words regarding our service. We have a great staff and I love sharing these reports with them! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we're doing.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is perfect for long term as well as short-term stays. The rooms are generously appointed and spacious. The breakfast is varied and currently overseen by a delightfully friendly, helpful young lady. I am sorry I did not get her name! Jackie, at the front desk, is a real asset to the hotel. She remembered us from a previous hotel and made us feel welcome beyond the usual required pleasantries. The evening we were there, there was another lady at the desk who did the same thing and I frankly, find that exceptional and I can assure any readers, that we will make this our number one choice when in the Knoxville area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I have been with the hotel for 4 months now and we are making great strides in creating an environment that encourages superb customer service! It's good to see it recognized. Thanks again!!!
Glen Ridge
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. The food for breakfast was good and had many choices, there was even a happy hour at night that looked good but I didn't try it.

It was in a great location near a lot of restaurants and other places of interest. Easy to manage the hotel. The rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable. There was a spacious living area and and a nice kitchen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the nice review. I have been with the hotel for the past 4 months and we are focussed on delivering great service and great stays! I appreciate that you took time to let us know what we're doing right. Thanks again!
Maryland
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Cannot review the actual hotel itself or it's staff other than the GM. I encountered a problem with the reservation and called the hotel to try and straighten out the issue. The very sweet young lady transferred me to the GM. From the moment he got on the phone he was rude and arrogant, something I have NEVER encountered at a Marriott property. Needless to say, he was not interested in helping me, just in letting me know over and over the revenue he lost because of a computer glitch, which was one night and one room. In reality he did not LOOSE anything, he "graciously" only kept half of my rewards points that we were going to use for the entire stay. I will own that I did not check until today and find the error, but he did not have to have the attitude he had. Needless to say we're not staying at this property and will not recommend friends, family or business associates patronize this property. If you check my reviews, compliments are my usual reviews, not complaints. I cannot imagine in this economy ANYONE in the hospitality industry surviving with an attitude like this. Good Luck!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I am terribly sorry about the experience and glad we have been able to have further communication about the matter. As you can see from our other reviews, this was not a typical experience with our hotel or me.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent one night here while attending a two day workshop nearby. It is surrounded by food and shopping establishments so the location is great. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. The only complaint is that my room was next to the laundry so the out of balance spin cycle was a rude awakening at 0500 however that was no fault of the facility. I would definitely stay here again whether with family or alone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I wrote a review in 2009 that was accurate and recommended not using this hotel. They have improved markedly and my wife and I were pleasantly surprised this visit. There are still some safety issues I would like to have seen addressed, but overall the hotel is better managed and more customer friendly than before. The recent rennovations helped, but apparently they made some personnel changes that were overdue.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family