“Suprising delight”
Review of Irish Times Pub - CLOSED

Irish Times Pub
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Ontario
“Suprising delight”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My son talked me into going and I am glad he did. The portions were huge and the entrees were about $10-15. His steak was huge and so was the salmon fillet on the salad I had. The lemon rosemary dressing was incredible - they should bottle the stuff. Loved the owners' accent - authentic!

Visited June 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Decent fish and chips”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm staying at a nearby hotel and went here for dinner earlier tonight. It was Tuesday night towards the end of Happy Hour. The place was not very busy. I had a few imperial pints of Guinness and ordered fish and chips. The food was served pretty quickly and tasted just fine. I am picky about my fries. These were hand cut and tasted pretty good, albeit a tad over cooked.

The bartender was exceedingly polite in a sincere, not contrived way and provided good service.

All in all it was a pleasant and surprisingly quiet experience.

• Visited June 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nothing special”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Uncomfortable seating. Corned beef was a bit tough. Bangers and mash were unimpressive. Service was good.

Visited May 2013
Tennessee
“Fun place average food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

They have great bands in the evening and a small dance floor so you don't need to feel like everyone is watching. Its a bit of an older crowd. If you like authentic Irish food (I don't) you might like this. Other options aren't really great. Wings aren't great.

• Visited April 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Crowded with old people”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I live in the farragut area and being 25 frequent some of the bar scenes without having to track all the way downtown. Irish Times has decent food and decent price for drinks. The only real complaint I have is that the majority of the patrons are over the age of 40. Which is fine but its not a great hangout for the younger folks. The older chaps that crowd the bar can be pushy when you are trying to order a drink. For example, some friends and I met with my uncle (51) last weekend (April 19th) for a drink. The bar was crazy crowded and there was a irish band playing. Usually when the bar is crowded you just walk up and try and find a open spot between two people place your drink order and then once you get it walk away. Well since the servers are far and few inbetween at the tables I was forced to order from the bar. Every opening I saw I was pushed back by elbows. Once I had the bartenders attention I was trying to relay my order to him (no one could hear anything because of the noise) and was confronted by a obviously drunk old man that i was infringing upon his space. I tried to explain what I was doing and of course he couldnt hear me so I just left. We ended up going to a place in Cedar Bluff called the Green Tavern. 100 million times better than this place.

• Visited April 2013