“Unique food!”

The Crown and Goose
Ranked #137 of 1,174 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, British, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Willow Street
Transit: We are just a few blocks walking distance from downtown Knoxville and Market Square.
Smithville, Tennessee
“Unique food!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Visited Knoxville for football. Market Square was very crowded after the game. We walked to Old Town and found this gem. The menu was eclectic, the food good and the wait was minimal. Nice change from the usual!

Visited October 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“A regular destination for us”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have visited the Crown and Goose at least half a dozen times and our most recent didn't disappoint. When we arrived, we were informed of a 90-minute wait (probably due to the crowd in town for the upcoming Vols/Bulldogs game), but we were seated before I'd even finished my first beer at the bar.

The Smoked Salmon Chips are a favorite of ours ("House-made Yukon Chips, adobe creama, topped with smoked salmon"), but we've also tried and liked the Mediterranean Mussels ("White wine, aromatics, garlic and herbs"), Hummus of the day ("Served with toasted pita chips"), and the Cheese boards. For entrees, we've tried the Dublin Steak Sandwich, the English Beer Battered Atlantic Cod Sandwich, the Chef Burger, The Crown & Goose Signature Fish & Chips, and the Grilled Bangers & Mash -- have been pleased with all of them. They also offer seasonal items so it's nice to see something new on the menu I haven't yet tried.

The greeters and waitstaff have always been very accomodating and polite and the noise level generated by the other patrons has never bothered me. Sometimes my husband requests to be seated on the far side so he can keep an eye on whatever sporting event is on and the staff has always been willing to change one of the tv channels for him.

The ease of parking and the tokens provided for the pay lot down the street makes The Crown & Goose one of our favorite destinations in the old city.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Olympus H
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Great small plates!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Such variety! Cool options! Prices are great! Miranda, our server was excellent. We are having our after dinner drinks out in the garden. I can't wait to return.

• Visited September 2013
East TN
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

In the past, I thought very highly of this gastropub, but my last visit to the Crown and Goose has me wondering if the C&G is on its way out. The duck used to be a phenomenal dish, but now it is an amalgam of lesser quality meat. The fish and chips should be called fish, chips, and salt. In the past, when the restaurant was "on", the food was really excellent. Now, the kitchen just seems to be on autopilot without any passion for cooking. and they appear to be skimping on the quality of ingredients.

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Fish”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

First visit last night, and I will never return.
Tried the fish and chips, since they are a touted item in this British Pub themed facility.
The fish reeked and tasted of ammonia, a sign of spoilage.
The blue crab deviled eggs had a very odd flavor that I could not recognize, so I didn't eat those either.
Still looking for a good, consistant and reliable restaurant in Knoxville.

• Visited August 2013