“A little bit of Chicago in the south”
Review of Copelands

Copelands
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Diner
Description: 60's styled diner/sandwich shop. Juke boxes, movie posters,music paraphanelia ie Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, etc. Pleasantly surprised with the food when I first tried it a few months ago.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A little bit of Chicago in the south”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wife and I visited this past Saturday. I had heard they had Chicago style Vienna hotdogs and Italian beef. Didn't have the hotdog but did try the Italian beef (wet) with peppers. It did remind me of some of the sandwiches I had in when I lived in Chicago. Wife had the yellow jacket burger. This is what is known as a juicy lucy up in Minneapolis. We had the jalapeno poppers , they were really good. they have home made cake and pie, we didn't try any because we were full. I do agree with an earlier post about the fries. They are handcut but may need to increase the oil temerature a bit. Fries looked good but were rather limb and oily. They also sell the dogs, meat, buns, neon green relish, Gonnella bread, and hot and sweet Giardenera from Chicago, if you'd like to stock up and take it home to cook for later. Now if they only did the gyro sandwiches like in Chitown, I'd have it made. We'll be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LCTNDAD

Kingston, Tennessee
“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Recently visited Copeland's on a Groupon deal, and I have to say, I was not impressed. The decor is certainly "nifty-fifties", but that was about the best thing I can say for this joint. The fries were limp and greasy, the burger was typical greasy spoon incinerated, and it took @ 25 minutes to get our food. I don't mind the wait if the food is worth it, but it wasn't. There was only one other table seated the whole time we were in there, so I don't think the delay was due to excessive business. We may try this place again, just to give them a second chance, but it will be with great trepidation. Hopefully someone will clue them in to set their fryer to 350 degrees. It's a shame that they go to the trouble to make hand-cut fries, and then not know how to cook them properly. (And yes, I have grill-cook experience, so I kinda know what I'm talking about).

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 318tracyb318
Knoxville
“Great Food in 50's Style!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went here to eat lunch on a Groupon deal. The deal was fanastic as was the food and service, Love that it is a locally owned place and they take pains to make sure you are treated right. The decor takes you back to a more peaceful time of the 50's which was nice. Food was very well prepared and fresh. Will definately be returning to try the cheesesteak hoagie!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank KnoxvilleBud
Casa Grande AZ
“Back again!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Wrote a review last year and stopped again today. Everything is just as good if not better. Was so glad the they were still there. Keep up the good work!!

• Visited May 2013
Jacksboro, Tennessee
“Great little diner”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Found on trip advisor & decided to try. Great 50's diner atomsphere. Would definetly try again if we were in the area.

• Visited April 2013