“I've never had a great meal here and will definitely not go back..” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of FATZ

FATZ
Ranked #18 of 243 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia
“I've never had a great meal here and will definitely not go back..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I've eaten here probably 8-10 times. The food has never actually been bad until this trip, just not anything I would order again. We had the fried green tomatoes with cheese grits appetizer and it was very good, and also the bread was good as always. I had the salmon on rice with an avocado salsa. When I had eaten about 1/3 of the salmon I realized that the top middle part was raw, I don't know how the bottom and rest of the fish was done but it was completely raw on the top. I stopped eating and told the waitress. They handled it well and offered me another but I didn't want another so they just took it off the bill. If this was the first issue I'd had then I'd give them another chance but I've never been happy with the food there. I won't be back.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
FATZRestaurants, Manager at FATZ, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
At FATZ, we pride ourselves in providing you with a great meal, and we're terribly sorry that we let you down. We take your feedback very seriously and will share your experience with the team.

VIRGINA
“What happened?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

I discovered FATZ in NC before they came to the TriCities. Loved it. They started out great and kinda went downhill. Food lacking and the seats are hard to sit in when they sag. Good waite staff.

Big Stone Gap, Virginia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

I always enjoy eating at Fatz. The food is delicious and fresh. The service is excellent!! Their staff are very friendly and quick to keep your drinks filled. All areas are clean and I would definitely recommend eating at Fatz.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Debbie_Collier
Gate City, Virginia
“A Great Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

We did have to wait a bit for a seat but it was less time than expected and they had a good method of letting you know when your table was ready. While waiting we spoke with fellow dinners and they told us they were regulars to FATZ. They also told us to let the staff know we were first time customers. The hostess showing us to our seat smiled and was friendly. The booth where we sat was big enough and comfortable. Menus arrived quickly and drink orders were taken and filled promptly. The chief sent us some special chicken because we were first time customers and that was a nice touch. The menu was extensive and specials of the day were explained by our friendly server. The food arrived quickly and was the correct temperature, well presented with good portion size. Our drinks were checked often enough but we were not rushed. All in all a good value for money, attentive plesant staff and nice decor.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Love the new items on the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is the best Fatz I've ever eaten at. Inexpensive for the food and the service is really good.