“Nice for groups”

Ranked #131 of 246 Restaurants in Kingsport
tennessee
“Nice for groups”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very clean, buffet food is well heated and kept fresh. They accommodated our very large group quite efficiently and with lots of special attention.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jannielb

Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
“one time”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

food average to poor -service bad.. if you go there once thats enough. you can say you've been there.

Visited October 2012
“Cold Cuisine”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went on a weekend and everyone had told us how good the food was. Most of our food from the buffet was cold.We were a party of three and noone was enthused about the food.We have never been back. Maybe they had a bad day that day?

Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Best for parents with children”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Great buffet and free for children under twelve. The buffet during our visit included chicken, stew, fish and all the extra's. Took my wife and two young son's and we left happy and full... does anything else matter?

Elizabethton, Tennessee
“worthy of the trip”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ok so by now you have noticed a trend in my reviews....there all about family run buffet style. Why because I feel that a variety of sampling is the best way to establish a well balanced appreciation of the quality or lack there of in the offerings.And with that said her we go .Mamas has been in kingsport for a long time & the last time I visited was when they were in there old location so its been a while.After reading some of the other reviews namely rorys I decided it was my next stop. I am pleased to say that I found none of the problems mentioned by others.The decore was nice lots of antique items & pictures of older celebritys a nice reminder of years gone by.The restroom was clean & stocked which I feel reflects on the bussiness greatly. If you cant keep those clean how do you keep a large busy kitchen up? The paint scheme was pleasant antique white with a raspberry accent stripe.The floors were well kept including the carpet a feat which I dare say would be hard during lunch on a sunday no less.Now the food thats what your here for right! Salad bar was ok i tend to go for the prepared items such as coleslaw which I believe was the finest i have ever had moist not dry a nice blend of mayo & vinager & seasonings also chicken salad taste was great although I prefer the chicken not as finely chopped.All the sides were good & yes I try almost all of them.The main dishes were also good the salsberry steak was not loaded down with peppers which was a welcome change from most others. The turkey was inhanced by the gravy applied to it which added moistness a reason I usually prefer dark meat but did not find lacking here.I made the mistake of leaving my roast beef till last & found it dry so to be fair I returned for a fresh slice which corrected the problem sooo my bad!There was a variety of breads offered & I found the rolls to be my favorite.Now to the deserts I am not a big fan of this course and seldom give much attention to it so I bring my mother with me.Does she like sweets as she calls them (shes 77 years young)..different generation different words.The answer is bring me one of each thank you! I do try some if they peak my interest which two did today .One turned out to be a maple flavored topping on white cake with nuts & was quiet good not to rich.And then I notice the cobbler something I dont care for it looked like cherry another reason not for me however to my surprise strawberry!!!Now this could change my mind if it was something you normally found in cobblers this being the first time I have seen it offered tells me it is not often in restaurants.So as not to make you think all was perfect the bread pudding was not a home run for either of us a bit dry and for me more of a pudding less of a bread and hold the raisens. Now the servers. I found them all helpfuf & nice they help each other as when I found my tea nearly empty it was refilled by not only my server but any that past by without being asked.My waitres retured open request leaving a job she was attending to in the back going over the bar answering questions I posed. At first a little reserved as I suspect it was new to her for a customer to be asking questions like this. After informing her that I was going to write a review she introduced me to a manager which in turn introduced me to the owner of which I found both to be very pleasant. Over all a great meal worthy of the trip.

• Visited October 2012