“Family gathering”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 258 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Second visit to the Chop House in Kingsport. Overall the food was good. One member of the party did not care for the seasoning on the filet but was cooked perfectly. Rest of the steaks were good. Mac and cheese was very good and the strawberry shortcake dessert was very good. Chopped salad was delicious. Servers and host/hostess were very good and accommodating.

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and waitstaff, we're glad you and the majority of your party enjoyed your second visit with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

When we were taken to our table, it smelled like a sour rag. We told the hostess and asked to be moved. She didn't do anything except to say it was probably the rag and didn't move us. The waitress got one of the drinks wrong and instead of saying sorry, she argued with us before fixing it. However, the food was good.

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent dining experience, we're sorry to hear that the service left something to be desired, but are glad you enjoyed your meal with us. If you wish to further discuss this issue, we invite you to call the restaurant and speak with the manager directly - let them know you were directed there by your TripAdvisor review response.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are new to town and decided to try this place. We were not disappointed! We both got steak and it was excellent. A very unique flavor and cooked exactly as requested. They also serve large portions compared to other similar places.
We also had a great waiter who went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our visit. Would definitely recommend going here!

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and waitstaff, as well as your recommendation! We're glad you and your husband enjoyed your first visit with us, and we hope it won't be the last!

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We once again stopped in The Chop House for a business meeting and once again I was underwhelmed. I really think this will be my last time.

The service was again worse than I would have expected. Our waiter spilled red wine on the table when he was serving and did not even realize it until he saw us trying to clean it. He then asked, “Did I do that?”

I had given up trying to get steaks here, as I always found them to be under seasoned. So I tried the Teriyaki chicken. It was fine but nothing special. The Caesar salad I had to start my meal was very good though.

So, once again, it was not a bad dining experience, but there are better places nearby with better steaks and better service. Einstein said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...I am going to stop expecting a different result at The Chop House and just dine elsewhere.

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent dining experience with us. We're sorry to hear that, after multiple visits, you continue to be underwhelmed, and while we understand we may have lost you as a customer, we appreciate your review so we can learn from our missteps and better serve our guests in the future. Should you wish to dine with us again, we hope to serve you the five-star dining experience we strive to serve to all our guests.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Our party of eight enjoyed the great food, service and facilities at the Chop House. My wife liked her Pork Chop and I enjoyed my 12 ounce Prime Rib. Really appreciated that it came as ordered: medium rare. It paired well with the Malbec.

Thank you for your compliments on our menu, waitstaff, and atmosphere, we're glad you and your wife enjoyed your meals, and we look forward to serving you and your family again soon!