“Excellent Steak”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 254 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2009

In Kingsport staying with friends who recommended this restaurant and all I can say was it was one of the nicest steaks I had eaten in a long time. Really busy though even mid week.

Reviewed May 17, 2009

I live here and we eat here at Chop House for dinner regularly. I've never had a bad meal or bad service. Steaks, salmon, pasta, everything is good. Nice atmosphere. Lots of business professionals eat there for lunch if that tells you anything. Recommend the shrimp bisque - yummy. I usually get salmon and it's perfectly done. Someone said it was pricey, but that's only if you're comparing it to the more casual restaurants we have so many of here. It's in line with Ruby Tuesday's or Olive Garden as far as price. Nice for anniversary dinner or something like that. Not a lot of kids' items.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I heard mixed reviews of this Chop House back when it first opened, but I've been eating there regularly for the past few months, and the food and service have always been outstanding. Be warned that it's one of the more expensive places to eat in Kingsport, but I think it's worth it. My favorite meal is crab cakes with fries and Parmesan spinach.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I drive about 70 miles to eat at this restaurant. The service and atmosphere are way better than chain steak houses,and the steaks are in a whole different world. They are cooked perfect every time and seem to be a way better cut of beef. There stuffed portabella caps as well as all the appetizers are of the same quality. They have a really good wine list for a steak house and a really good size bar. I can eat here for the same price as outback or other chains and the experiance is way better.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook