“One of the best in Kingsport”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 250 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

One ( of 2) of the best non-chain restaurant options in Kingsport. Service is good, price point is appropriate, food is good.

There are newer reviews for The Chop House

Reviewed November 3, 2013

When considering a good place to eat meat in the region you should always consider the Chop House. Really nice cuts, we'll cooked with a good environment and service.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family and I have been going to chop house since my daughter was in a booster seat. Over the years the food, service, atmosphere, and quality of the restaurant has done nothing but improve. We ate there Friday night, a cool night in October, and felt the warmth of the folks as we entered. Our server, Lushia, was excellent. He checked on us ever few minutes, kept our drinks fresh, as well as hot bread. We did not ask, did not have to ask, for a single thing. Later the manager made his way around to make sure our meal was good. Well, Well, worth the visit. One of my favorite places to eat. Thanks Chop House, for past and future memories. My Dad, now passed, loved your orange potatos. Keep up the good service.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked a room at a hotel in Kingsport TN on a road trip to the forests and mountains on the NC-TN border. I checked my mobile app for a list of local restaurants where I might enjoy dinner. I absolutely love filet mignon, so I decided to try the Chop House, which "has become one of the premier casual restaurant concepts in the Southeast, with 12 locations spread across four states." With a name like "Chop House," I figured they might be capable of preparing a great steak for my dinner. I ordered a salad (Balsamic Blue Cheese Chopped Salad, tossed with avacado, bacon, tortilla strips, onion, and diced tomato.) The salad was great. For my entree, I ordered a filet mignon cooked to a temperature of medium-well. The steak was served a bit thinner than I expected, and was overcooked. I like my filets thick. I ordered the 9-oz instead of the 6-oz with thickness in mind. My server came over and observed that the steak was overcooked. He offered to take it back to the kitchen and have the chef prepare a fresh one. I accepted the offer, explaining that I expected a thicker steak. Had I known that the steak would be so thin, I would have ordered it cooked to a temperature of medium instead of medium-well. I ordered the second steak cooked to a temperature of medium. (I am a filet mignon fiend, and I have found a wide range of size, thickness, and texture in what I'm served at various restaurants as "Filet mignon.") As expected, the manager was notified, and came over to apologize for the steak. He professed to being a steak-lover, too. I showed him pictures of my favorite 10-oz filet mignon as served at my favorite steak restaurant. His eyes lit up. Later, he came by to check on my second steak, and was dissatisfied with the temperature to which it was cooked. (overcooked again.) He gave me two options: cook a third steak, or have the order removed from my bill. I chose the later. I asked for the dessert menu and ordered cherry cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream and coffee. My server came by to tell me that the manager had taken care of my check. I was surprised, as I only expected the steak to be removed from my bill. I eat out quite often, and I am rarely disappointed. I didn't get to enjoy these steaks, but I did enjoy the experience. It's significant to note that I did not complain about the steaks. The server and the manager acted on my behalf ( and, I suppose, in defense of the restaurant's reputation.) Nevertheless, I was impressed by the high level of concern for the satisfaction of the customer (me), and the graciousness of the staff. Based on their behavior under stress, I would return to this restaurant, and I am willing to try another restaurant in this chain. That was a class act.

1  Thank Ty C
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a regular for me. Everything I have ever ordered was prepared perfectly. Very accommodating to people with food allergies. I love their pork chops and steaks. When in Kingsport, this is where I want to eat.