“My favorite steak house!”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 254 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't get to go often because I live out of town but when I am in Kingsport I always visit there. Their steaks are the best in my book, and their salads and great! I love the honey-lime dressing! My favorite!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We eat at Chop House every Sept. during out family reunion. They have the best rib eye steaks I've ever tasted. The service is wonderful.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've never been disappointed in the Chop House lunch menu. Not only is the food well prepared but the price is equivalent to many "sub-standard" nearby eating establishments. For a good lunch, the choice is clear.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We lived in Kingsport for two years and often went here for dinner and lunch. When we visit friends or family we often go to the Chop House as well. A few months ago we went and the service was not up to its good work and the quality of the steaks was off ( very salty dry taste ) we just thought it was an off day. However we went again with a family member yesterday and the experience was definitely off. The waiter was almost to the point of being rude when I had a simple question, the service was not friendly more of a roadside diner experience not up to what we had been use to here. The salads are still excellent and the warm bread good as always. The problem is again the quality of the steaks ( wife had filet at $22 ) not the best of cuts and again a salty taste and almost "mushy " my prime rib ( $18 ) was average and uninspired. The décor is nice as always but on our next visit we plan on going elsewhere. Please get back to the level you had it at before!

1  Thank K B
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Sophisticated, wonderful dining with beautifully prepared food and wonderful service. Makes a special occasion special.