“Great family park”

Warriors' Path State Park
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Kingsport
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I live fairly close to Warriors Path State Park so I visit it often with my wife and kids. They have hiking trails, bike trails, free to use tennis courts, free to use frisbee golf course and a very nice play ground based on the Chronicles of Narnia. They have a lot of picnic areas including several covered facilities. They have a great public golf course with driving range and practice green. The park sets on a small lake called Fort Patrick Henry which offers boating, jet skiing, water skiing, and pretty good fishing for bass, crappy, bream and catfish. Also the park has three boat ramps with docks and two campgrounds.

1  Thank Scott W

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our first real visit to park for a picnic/boating day. It's a great place for everyone...hikers, boaters, having a picnic. GREAT playground for kids, accessible to everyone. Great pool for swimmers and that is the only charge for practically all activities, except the paddle boats and canoes, which are very reasonable. Had a great time and would recommend this park to anyone.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Warriors Path SP seems to be very well enjoyed by a lot of people. Jogging, biking, boating , fishing, and tennis are some of the activities being enjoyed there during my visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Enjoyed walking around Duck Island, and the Lookout path. Nice soccer fields, that were quite busy, the day we were there. The games didn't interfere with being able to enjoy the park's beautiful mountain/lake views. Lots of runners and dog walkers. Plenty of room for everyone.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stopped by the ranger station 10 minutes after they closed, and was greeted by a park ranger who came out the door to greet me. He gave me maps to the bike trails and was very helpful.Though not the fault of the park staff, I was disappointed to find a lot of trash in and around the fire pit at my campsite. The MTB trails were excellent. The drive to the trails took 10 minutes. It would be nice to have a trail on park lands that can connect there quicker from the campground (below their golf course maybe). This would be a nice addition because when I travel to MTB, I specifically look for the ride in/ride out opportunities. I had a very loud family next to me that was making noice well beyond 2am. Restrooms and Showers were serviced and clean. Overall, a solid place.