Open today: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great place for family fun & exercise!

Reviewed 1 week ago
Nancyellenmcclain
via mobile
Beautiful City Park

Reviewed October 2, 2018
Sara S
Kingsport, Tennessee

All reviews barge ride nature center zip line hiking trails animal exhibits wonderful place day trip river otters adventure course nature preserve birds of prey whole family gift shop state of the art local animals educational opportunities several hours
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My family and I have been here so many times that it is ridiculous! But...we love it! There is always something new to see....whether it's a deer roaming freely....raccoons trying to join u while u picnic....to seeing a colorful lizard on a trail! Gorgeous nature at its best! I really love when the Lily pads are in boom. My family and I will always enjoy Bays Mountain as long as we're around! Affordable family fun....

Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I spent the afternoon at Bays Mountain enjoying the beauty and then went to the planetarium showing which we found to be extremely enjoyable and entertaining. We learned a lot, yet enjoyed the beauty of the show. It was a great day and will do it again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium is a wonderful city owned park on top of a mountain in Kingsport. Once on top you wouldn't realize you are so close to a city. Beautiful hiking trails surround the lake. The nature center has animals to see and a wonderful Planetarium show. There are barge rides available and zip lines. A great place to go spend an afternoon!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

A wonderful place for people if all ages! Great activities or just wander around on your own. It's a beautiful place that people should definitely visit more often.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I love going here, especially in the fall. Its beautiful and pleasant...lots of things to see and do.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

The planetarium presentations are top notch, the animal exhibits are well maintained, and the gift shop is always a treat for the kids. I went here when I was a kid and now I take my own. A great place to get some astronaut ice cream and pencils with tumbled stones. Always a laid back comfortable environment and I've even had local deer walk right up to me here. Makes you feel like Grizzly Adams or Neil Armstrong for a day.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

This is a beautiful place with well marked trails and the true feeling of the old country. You can easily imagine finding Indians around the corner. When the leaves change color this is a remarkable place.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Inexpensive day trip (2-3 hours) for family. Took grandchildren. They loved the animals, especially the deer and owls.Not overly priced. Friendly staff.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

For family fun be sure to visit Bays Mountain! Enjoy the museum, the animal sanctuary or hike the trails! A good time will be had by all.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I'm new to hiking and the trails at Bays Mountain are great! My husband, myself, and our 2 teenage daughters went, we all had a great time!