“Tricities best authentic Japanese. I'll keep returning.”
Review of EDO Japanese Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
EDO Japanese Grill
Ranked #112 of 246 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Erwin, Tennessee
“Tricities best authentic Japanese. I'll keep returning.”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The atmosphere is nice. The staff is the best. The food is the star here though. Their yaki is the best I have had anywhere. Their sushi is always fresh and they will honor special requests. I love spicy tune with cream cheese. They have the Gordon and Biltmore rolls that cannot be matched. Their cheese wontons (crab rangoons) are sweet and typically come with chocolate. I like them without. Their edemame is always good and their food is excellent, I'm sure if you didn't like something they'd fix it for you.

kingsport
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden gem...”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We origianlly went to Edo's looking for Japanese candy from the grocery section and decided to come back the next day for an early dinner. The staff was very friendly and the food was well beyond our expectations. If you are in Kingsport and used to eating at Moto's or Tomoko's or one of those Chinese buffets, you should definately give this one a try. You will be in for a very nice surprise.....and we haven't even tried the sushi bar yet. But we will....soon.

1 Thank Ittlenoman
Seattle, Wa, & Wise, VA
“Excellent for being in the middle of the country”
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I am a Sushi connoisseur, meaning I generaly eat Sushi twice per week, for the past 25 years. So when we moved to The mountains of Virginia it was something we really strugled with and had to give up. Until finding this restaurant, we travel 1 & 1/2 hours several times per month and every special occasion. Most people believe Sushi to all be raw, when in fact nearly 50% of it is cooked. Much of it is served cold however. Edo has several house specials that are not only cooked but served hot. So if you enjoy seafood you will find something to your liking. My family reccomends it!
Sincerely, Marv A. Smith

1 Thank daxdad
“Above average sushi, super fresh food.”
Reviewed April 22, 2007

I moved to Kingsport from Las Vegas. I know, that sounds crazy. Needless to say, I searched and searched for the "above-average" dining experiences in my new home town. Edo's has been my best find. The restaurant USED to be a waffle house, so it's tiny and VERY casual, but the chefs are terrific, and the food is really, really fresh and flavorful.

As far as sushi goes, I have a very limited palate, and really only eat maki. But so far, the maki I've had at Edo's has been very consistent and flavorful and all the sushi I've ever seen there has been beautifully prepared.

A tiny little operation, with a big attitude. One of my favorites.

1 Thank tsmiller1