“Johnny Brusco's The internal inferno”

Johnny Brusco's New York Style Pizza
Ranked #42 of 254 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Johnny Brusco’s is proud to bring authentic, great-tasting New York Style Pizza and a variety of housemade dinners, craft beers, subs and more to the neighborhoods we call home. After a small-town start in 1977, we’ve grown to over 70 pizzerias across the Southeast. Our dough is made fresh daily, never frozen, hand-tossed and topped with the best ingredients we can find - premium mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, fresh-packed tomatoes, hand-cut veggies, and Italian sausage and beef with no fillers. Then each pizza is brick-oven baked until it’s golden brown, always with our signature soft and crispy crust, and served hot at your table. At Johnny Brusco’s, we grew up enjoying and perfecting pizza, and now we’re sharing our passion with everyone we serve.
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stopped by this place on our way through, and we're sorry we did. The staff acted like we were invading a private club of theirs, our waiter looked like something out of "the hobbit" and was impatient, he wouldn't even let us make up our minds on what we were ordering! We were starving by the time we arrived, otherwise, we'd have left. After about a 30-minute wait, our "food" finally arrived, the cheese breadsticks were absolutely smothered in cheese which I'll add wasn't even cooked through, and when each of us tried to eat one, had no garlic butter flavor, instead, it was pure white pepper!( which isn't even supposed to be used in restaurants) the spaghetti sauce also tasted like white pepper, there was no tomato to it! We told the waiter about the problem, and he said "I'll get my "manager" and walked off. He later came back and said " we're not doing anything" and gave us the check. These people don't care about getting your food right, but do care care about robbing you blind, in other words... they are a bunch of THUGS!! Our mouths are still on fire, and we will not be going back!

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Arrived around 1:45, placed order by 2. Appetizers arrived @ 2:45!!! We were starving by this point. Some in our party did not order apps, so we asked how much longer on our pizza and the nice waiter said the pizza isn't started until the apps come out!!! We had already waited 45 mins!! I ordered gluten free margherita pizza- it was awlful! And $13!!!! I could've made much better @ home. My hubbie ordered baked ziti-he said it was not very good either, especially not for $8.50 and a very small portion! The waiter said he would talk to the manager about our wait time but no manager ever came to apologize or anything!!! Terrible experience. The waiter Cody, however handled our group very well! He kept drinks full, etc.

1  Thank BBJAdams
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our family was staying at a local B&B with a beautiful dining room. We wanted to have dinner there so we ordered a complete dinner at Johnny Bruscos's. The restaurant needed 4 hours to prepare our dinner but made accommodations for us depending on what we ordered. The meal included lasagna, Greek salad and garlic toasts. The staff provided us with paper plates, all utensils, napkins. The food was absolutely delicious!!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is my favorite pizza in Kingsport. The only pizza I like better is Gregs Volcano Pizza in Johnson City. Even at that the pies are always wonderful. Nice sweet sauce plenty of cheese and they are not skimpy on the whatever toppings you order. The crust is awesome. It reminds me of the crust I make at home. We always go on Mondays when they have $1.00 slices. We order 4 slices of cheese and 4 slices of pepperoni in a pie (hole pie made just for you) and a slice of sausage (my fav) with 4 waters. It cost us thirteen dollars and we leave with food. Great deal and great food.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went there for lunch and ordered a Pizza slice and Ice tea. it wasnt that bad not near as good as Italian Village- but better than most other pizza places. I would go back but will order something else. I havent been but thay have a special on Thursday on the pizza for lunch.