My family of 5 stayed here this weekend and had a great stay!
The staff was very friendly throughout. We only stayed one night, but encounted good staff upon check-in, check-out, and at the morning breakfast service.
We came to Kingsport to see the lights at Bristol Motor Speedway. To make things feel even more like the holidays, the hotel has decorated their lobby and breakfast areas. I was very impresseed with the amount and quality of the decorations! Overall, the hotel was very clean and well lit at night.
The breakfast was very good with lots of expanded continental items to choose from. The hostess was very friendly and accomodating.
As for the rooms, we found them to be very nice as well. The room had a very "new" feel to it and the furniture was not worn at all. The bathroom was clean and towels fluffy. Other reviews have trashed the beds as being too hard and uncomfotable They did feel hard to sit on, but we slept comfortably without any problems. The suite was spacious and we had plenty of room for 2 adults and 3 smaller kids (all under 10).
The only thing I would count against this hotel was the use of glass french doors to seperate the bedroom from the living room. These doors do not have any curtains and there is no privacy between the 2 rooms. The seperation does work fine for sound, but you can see everything in the room.
Overall, I was impressed with this hotel and will stay here again when in town. There are not a lot of good hotels in the Kingsport/Johnson City area that meet this caliber.
I have stayed at the following hotels in the area:
- Hampton Inn Kingsport, Bristol, and Johnson City
- Doubletree Hotel in Johnson City
- Comfort Suites in Johnson City
- Courtyard in Bristol
Of these, the Courtyard and this Holiday Inn at the best around!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport is the winner of the IHG 2007 Newcomer Award and the IHG 2008 Quality Excellence Award. The hotel is conveniently located near the Meadowview Conference Center, Eastman Chemical Global Headquarters, Domtar Paper Co., and the Tri-Cities Airport.Area attractions include: Bays Mountain Park, Fort Patrick Henry Lake, Warriors Path State Park, Carter Family Fold, and Bristol Motor Speedway. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport features an indoor heated pool, an exercise facility, 37 suites including Jacuzzi suites, and offers complimentary Hot Smart Start breakfast, free local phone calls and free high-speed Internet access. Several restaurants nearby, along with several delivery options to the hotel. Free Bus/Truck/RV parking. Our staff will make your stay exemplary, from check-in to check-out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kingsport-Meadowview i-26
- Holiday Inn Kingsport
- Kingsport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Kingsport