“Marginal”

La Carreta Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 252 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Place was bright and clean. Food service was spotty. Food was brought to me without silverware and the butter knife given to me to cut the thin grizzle T-bone was insufficent. They forgot to bring me onions that came with the dish and when I mention this my server brough me out a plate of cold onions which I sent back to the kitchen to be fried. Sour Cream was also missing and had to bring this to the attention of my server. Refreid beans were very bland but the rice was fine. Corn chips were warm and the salsa was better that usual. I will not be back to frequent this restaurant. The server did apoligize for the issues with my food but the manage just happly took my money. Soft Taco's were best part of meal.

1  Thank Sabar3

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for late dinner on the way to Texas. The service was good, food came out extremely quickly and it wasn't bad. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but I would probably eat there again if I wasn't just passing through. It was a lot of food for cheap --good value. Wish I had tried a margarita...

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nothing sets this place apart from most all the other Mexican places. Food is good enough and service was ok, not great. If you like all the other Mexican restaurants you will like this one as well.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Quick service, chips& dip keep you going while you wait for meal. I think the price for dipping white cheese is to expensive! I get it anyway because I like it. I don't think the food is the same at all locations.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We used to eat here all the time, but the food tastes mostly like ground beef, not authentic mexican flavors. Our chili releno consisted of a big pile of ground beef,diced onion, cheese, and one small sliver of a pepper.Not acceptable at all!!! I would and do prefer Cocula, on stone drive. The food there is authentic mexican and you get a whole green chili with the releno!