“So disappointing......”

Two Dads Cafe n Catering
Ranked #55 of 243 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Two Dads Cafe n Catering is a Family owned an operated small business. We do not have a set menu for catering, we consider our catering customizable. That is we fix what you desire for your special event. We are very customer oriented and are will to do what we can to make your event enjoyable. Our food is homemade and seasoned to satisfy! We only Book Weddings in person, not through Email, Text or Facebook!!!!(PLEASE)
Kingsport, TN.
“So disappointing......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

......in every phase of this operation that I don't know where to start. I'll just stick to the positives and negatives.

Positives:
*Two Dads is a nice concept, and the location and inside ambiance gives you that old home town lunch spot feel.

Negatives:
*We had a call in order of 8. I was told the food would be ready at 11:15. We walked out with our orders at 11:50. I understand that things like that can happen, but 4 of our orders were the daily special, and the other 3 were burgers and a hot dog.

Normally, the quality of the food would make up for that, but.....

*Our burgers were advertised to be on pretzel buns, but these buns were not like any pretzel buns I've ever had and were pretty much just a regular run of the mill bun.
*I ordered a 1/2 lb. burger with cheddar, lettuce, onion, tomato and mayo. I got a burger that had ketchup, lettuce, onion tomato, and some store bought shredded cheddar that was partially melted. To top it off, my burger was pink to the point of me wondering if I should eat it. I decided to go ahead with it, and about the only "seasoning" I could taste was the glob of ketchup that they put on it.
*One lady ordered a 1/3 lb. jalapeno burger with lettuce, tomato, onions and cheese. She got a burger with lettuce and onions, but NO jalapenos or tomatoes. We both got a side of fried cauliflower which was straight out of a bag and into a deep fryer.
*The other burger in the group was another 1/2 lb. that was supposed to be like mine was supposed to be. They at least got his condiments right, but his burger patty was significantly smaller than mine. In addition, while my burger was way on the pink side, both of the other burgers were well done.
*They guy with the hot dog (which was also advertised as being on a pretzel bun, but instead was on a regular bun.) simply shrugged his shoulders and said it was "ok".
*The four "blue plate specials" were advertised as pork "CHOPS". Instead, they got 1 small chop covered with cooked apples that was described as tough and bland. The mac-n-cheese was straight out of a box. Described by everyone as bland, and one person commented that they had never seen any homemade mac-n-cheese that was "orange" in color. Three of the orders also got creamed peas, which were described as out of a can with a spoonful of some type of gravy mixed in. One lady got a side salad, but they forgot to give her any dressing.

Just a disappointing experience overall.

• Visited July 2014
Chuck K, Owner at Two Dads Cafe n Catering, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear JDHoss
We are very SORRY you had the experience you had. We are very Sorry our wait staff was not friendly and your order was messed up. Our Waitress should have asked if you wanted a Pretzel Bun, Kiser Bun or regular Bun. We have quit putting our burgers on the Pretzel Buns, due Customers telling they did not want that bun. I personally guarantee we season all our burgers with our special seasoning and we hand weigh and cook them to order. They are made from fresh 90/10 prime ground sirloin steak. The Mac n Cheese is Noodles and melted Velveeta cheese, salt an pepper to taste and the creamed Peas are made from flour/butter and 1/2 & 1/2 and seasoned to taste. The fried Cauliflower is an appetizer we purchase from our food vendor.
We really appreciate the feed back, it will help us grow and get better.
Please give us another chance and please let us know how it goes!

kingsport,tn
“Local sit a spell hang out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Serving breakfast and lunch. I had breakfast. 2 eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuits or toast and coffee for less than $5. They also serve homemade desserts and have a lunch special everyday. Staff is friendly and food was served quickly. Relaxing atmosphere. Homey and quiet. They have 3 outdoor tables and chairs if you prefer to eat outside.

Thanks so much for your review!
I hope you choose to come back an eat with us here at the new location again!