“Ordered out from work today and we were glad we did....”
Review of Mason Jar Eatery & Catering Co. - CLOSED

Mason Jar Eatery & Catering Co.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Private Dining
Description: Appalachian hospitality and delicious, southern food made from scratch served daily!
Kingsport, TN.
“Ordered out from work today and we were glad we did....”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had ordered once before from the Mason Jar in their old location (that was about the size of my work cubicle), but came away less than impressed. We decided to give the new location a try, and we're glad we did. We called the order in at 11:00, were told it would be ready in 25 minutes. Although it actually took around 35 minutes, it was well worth the wait. I had the smokey cheddar burger with a side of onion rings. A word of warning about the onion rings....they are huge and easily enough for 2 people to split. My burger came on grilled sourdough, onions, tomato, mushrooms and a chipotle mayo. Just really, really good. One coworker for the blazin' bacon burger which came stuffed with jalapenos. Again, very good and the jalapenos gave it a nice smokey flavor (She couldn't finish and I'm not ashamed to admit that I took care of the remnants) . Like me, she wound up giving away part of her onion rings.

Another guy got the Hawaiian burger, and he was very complimentary of it, which is a good sign because this guy usually has something to complain about when ordering from anywhere. Another lady got the chicken provolone on Ciabatta. Again, she was very complimentary. The final guy in out 5 person order got the chicken salad club. I had considered ordering this, but opted for the burger instead. Next time I will be ordering this. This thing was huge, and on grilled bread. Swiss cheese and smoked bacon. He said it was one of the best sandwiches he'd ever had.

I know some of the reviews have been less than kind, and I'm guessing that if this place got pretty busy, you might have a really long wait, but for us it was a hit. My wife and I may hit it this weekend for lunch (I can't get that chicken salad sandwich out of my head), and we'll certainly order out from work again.

“Don't waste your time!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Saw a new restaurant had opened so I stopped in to check it out. The wait for the food actually wasn't that bad. The waitress was horrible and never came back to check on me or even see if the order was right. My side order was missing ingredients and the burger was overcooked. Burnt on the outside and dry on the inside. When I finally did get the waitress to come over she just looked at me and said these kind of things happen a lot here. What the heck does that mean? No offer from here to get it corrected or to take the food back to the kitchen and show them what was wrong. Awful cook and waitress. Overpriced burnt burger. Would never go back.

Kingsport, Tennessee
““Delicious Mouth Watering Burgers””
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The burger is the best I have had; hand patted and served on a locally made bun, The fries were simply delicious. The tea was excellent. The building outside and in, looks invitingly quaint, very clean and neat. The staff is very friendly. Our waiter was extremely nice and he did an excellent job. Suprise when we learned it was his first day. Such a natural personality for good customer service.

Burgers range from 1/3 pound Burger for $6 to $7 for a full out Half Pound Cheeseburger. Order them with what you want from a large selection of offerings. Hot dogs are $4 and Corn Dogs $1.50 Various additions to the sandwiches run from .75 to $1 Desserts are $2.50 to $5 Fries are $2. Kid's Meals are available at $5 and include a 1/4 pound hamburger on toasted bread, fries and a drink. We opted for a milkshake for dessert and it was wonderful. Old fashioned thick shake with whipped cream and a cherry on top for a delicious flavor

Some outdoor seating is available. Parking is plentiful in lots across the street as well as street parking nearby. This business has greatly improved since I last ate here in their previous location in February 2013 before their move to bigger and better quarters and it can only go better and better. Additional staff is being added to handle the crowds as their busines increases.

A most welcome addition to our community. Stop by and you'll be well pleased. Its so nice to see a small business grow so quickly. I will return over and over.

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Great place for burgers!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

They have taken the homemade hamburger and perfected it! Has a great theme (drinks served in huge mason jars) and the people are super friendly. I would suggest this spot to anyone who has had a good hamburger. Stop by the Mason Jar for a great hamburger.

“Great burger place.”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stopped in for lunch after hearing how good it there burgers were. I was not disappointed. I wish them well in the new location I love exposed brick and old vibe restaurants. The food was delicious best burger I have had in Kingsport. Love fresh cut fries. Sweet southern tea. Yum