“First visit, definitely not my last!”
Review of The Mustard Seed

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Mustard Seed
Ranked #16 of 252 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Went there with my mom and sister for lunch and loved every bit of it. Food and service were terrific from the start. The waitress had no problem explaining things to us or making suggestions since we were "newbies". Will definitely go back!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We first found this cafe in June 2013 while a group of us we traveling together on the East TN Yarn Crawl on a recommendation of the Yarn Shop in Kingston. We liked it so well, that when planning our journey for the 2014 Crawl, we shuffled around stops just so we could eat there again. Unfortunately, it is too far from 'home' to visit on a regular basis but it will definitely be a 'once-a-year-on-the-Crawl' dining pleasure.

Good food, good prices, great service. :-)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Lunch w a good friend...we like to patronize locally-owned restaurants and this one is definitely a hit! We arrived prior to lunch crowd, which is highly recommended as it gets crowded and noisy later on. I had a side salad (homemade poppy seed dressing...yum!) and the tomato bacon pie. The pie is like quiche and absolutely delicious! And, the portions were large...plenty for one. The salad was good w carrots and almonds and the dressing was perfect. Service varies from quick to slower as the rush begins. It appeared as if more servers were needed, esp during lunch rush. The atmosphere is eclectic and comfortable...like you'd want in a local eatery. Location is downtown Kingsport and you can walk to other locally-owned stores. I will definitely return here again!

1  Thank 2bemullins5
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, service, and atmoshere. Love the tomato pie, TBC sandwich, and potato soup. Have been several times and will continue to patronize this cafe. All the servers are very friendly too.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I will have to say, the Mustard Seed Cafe is hands down, one of the best places I have eaten. The service is always friendly, courteous, and ready to serve. The food has always been fresh and exactly as I ordered. If you can't find enough room to eat dessert after the superb meal, make sure you order the dessert "to go" because you will enjoy it beyond belief. Thank you to all the staff at Mustard Seed for always making my visit to your restaurant a joy.