“Great Meal, Great Staff”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #76 of 254 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I showed up in what we thought were early hours on Valentines Day. We were there at 5:00 and there was already a two hour wait. We did not get to eat that night so we decided to start over with our celebration the next day. We went at lunch and there was no line, no waiting on Saturday. Our waitress was so nice and our steaks were good. That two for $29.99 is a real deal. The best thing about the place is they have a super manager. I read the reviews from a year ago saying they need good management but James Helms must not have been on the scene at the time. He takes care of the customers there. We had a problem before and he took care of us for our next visit. We have enjoyed meeting him. We will be returning soon. Thanks James.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

It was absolutely delicious, best steak ever tasted. However, atmosphere left a lot to be desired. Table next to us was never bussed and we looked at dirty dishes the entire time.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

When the Long Horn first opened it was wonderful, you could almost cut the filet with a fork and it was always perfectly cooked. The last two times we've been for dinner the steaks were over-seasoned and overcooked. I order steak rare, I can handle med or med rare, but for it to be well done is ridiculous. The wait would be worth it if the quality of food was still good. The service is also lacking. The only reason I give a 3/5 is because of lunch service. The times we have been for lunch the food and service have been better.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I read the other reviews and maybe they have too? My husband and I have been there twice in the last four months and we have had a great experience. I am hard to please with a steak I like red in the middle and I don't use any sauce so it has to be cooked right from the start. The first time we had the two for $25.00 and then the next time I got a new portabello mushroom steak. They were both cooked to perfection especially the portabello muchroom steak. The salad was fresh. The waitress was nice. The only complaint we had was the bread. My husband didn't like it at all. Its tough and hard to cut. The waitress told him he could order texas toast next time so that made him happy. I do know what the others are saying about the wait. Both times there has hardly been anyone in there but we still had to wait a few minutes? So maybe they have been reading and made good changes. I hope they bring the 2 for $25.00 back soon. We will be returning.

1  Thank stephaniern
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Had the outlaw ribeye. Magnificent. Server was great. Manager was very nice. My favorite new place to eat.

1  Thank traveller122769