“Food was good to fair”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Had a Restaurant.com coupon for Biggies so we went there to try them out.
I had the ribs, they were fatty and did not have much flavor. My wife had the steamed Clams in the shell and they were over cooked and missing the necks.
Will try them again hoping they had a bad night and the next visit will be better.
Like to support the local businesses in Kingsport, but like to be served good food too.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

That should be a clue to not expect much in other food specialities. I tried the meatball sandwich big mistake. But they refused payment for it and as always the service was exceptional. I will go back but I will probably stick to the seafood menu.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you are traveling near the Kingsport Tennessee area, stop at Biggies clam bar in the middle of the mountains! It is a family owned restaurant from the NJ area since 1946 (yes believe it or not) and their selection of food is top shelf!

Last evening I had their Grouper and Risotto which was really one of the best grouper dishes I have ever had! Their menu ranges from appetizers, sandwiches, raw bar selections and entrees.
Each day they have specials, entertainment from 2 for 1 food selections, bands or open mic nights and very very friendly staff and servers. Indoor seating or 2 large outside deck areas!!

This WILL BE your favorite restaurant in the area for every occasion!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Picked Biggies from TripAdvisor because I have been craving whole fried clams for a very long time. When I saw Biggies originated in Jersey...I knew this was the place to try. Don't do chains here. We are in town for the Fun Fest Concert series and dining out alot. We had reservations for 7 PM N left at 1 AM...Had to stay N listen to the band. Awesome food...Mack (Mackenzie) N the staff were VERY attentive and all Mack's recomendations were spot on. Food, Service, Atmosphere were all Awesome...Nutha place I want to Clone N take back to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge....I'd be a regular!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

While I suspect this restaurant may be better if you're eating from the high-dollar end of the menu, my wife and I were disappointed in our effort to have a mid-priced Sunday afternoon lunch. My wife wanted the "white cap" au jus, but they were out, so she switched to a grownup grilled cheese, which also has bacon on it. Being in a place that makes a big deal out of oysters, clams and such, I ordered the oyster po' boy. The word we came up with for both was "uninspired."

The po' boy came with shredded red cabbage, tomato, and remoulade and tartar sauces on the side. I promptly removed the sickly pink tomato slices, one of which had part of the tomato stem embedded in it. The oysters did not appear to be very big; I tasted oyster once as I ate what otherwise seemed like a bread sandwich. The onion rings I had in place of fries were quite good. In both our cases, we could have done much better for less money at one of the many chain restaurants along Stone Drive or Eastman Road.

The service was good; Randall, our waiter, was attentive and accurate.

To sum up: A couple on the way in asked us as we were leaving if Biggie's was worth trying. I told them essentially what is written above, and they decided to go elsewhere.

1  Thank Chuck G