“Another great stay.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Once again I stopped in here on my cross country motorcycle trip and was very satisfied. Service with a smile, nice clean rooms and you could pull up the bike right to the door of the room. Hope to be back on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Monseyfire
alpa01, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Monseyfire,

Thank you for your feedback. Our downstairs rooms are perfect for bikers who like to park right in front of their room(s). Our motel offers a nice view of the area as well. We hope to see you again on your next trip!!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Room I checked into wasn't as nice as one I looked at beforehand, but because I refused to pay extra for a smoking double that I didn't need since, supposedly there second floor single smoking rooms and ones in single story section in rear were already occupied, took a single non-smoking room. Which still had a cigarette burn in the blanket along with a hole, see photos. There were no towel racks to hang wet ones on. No alarm clock, glad I had my own. The shower/tub wasn't very appealing, again see photos and room was very small with an older model heater/ac unit. Breakfast food wise only consisted of 2 cereals or a waffle, no toast, muffins, bagels etc., like other Best Values I've stayed at for a similar price. Now don't get me wrong, place was relatively clean, bed was comfortable and it was quiet. So like the title says..Was just okay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bruce S

Dear Bruce J,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations. Since your stay, we have added a new granite shower wall and refurbished the tub. Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. We have renovated all rooms as this one was the last room we had left to complete.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is my 2nd stay at Americas Best Value Inn, Kingsport, TN. Both times it was very good to excellent! My room was clean and fresh smelling. I specifically requested Non Smoking - there was no trace of smoke in the room. The hotel is "pet friendly" which I need; there was no evidence of other pets having stayed in the room. Everything worked; lights, air conditioning/heater, refrigerator, microwave, TV and shower! The grounds were well maintained. The hotel, parking lot and grounds had a clean and well kept look about it. The staff was on call, helpful and friendly. I left one piece of my luggage and with one phone call they boxed it up, took it to a UPS store; all at no additional charge - outstanding!

Room Tip: If you have a pet; ask for a room close to the large grassy area - wonderful!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear PattiS,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for your positive feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean facilities, excellent service, and well maintained grounds! I am glad that we were able to return your luggage! Come see us again sometime!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

In one word, "DIRTY!" not to mention the fact that the day after my 1 night stay I began to itch in certain places on my body. After doing some research I was less than thrilled to find out the spots are bites from bedbugs...

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Cigartime
alpa01, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Cigartime,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. We do have a licensed pest control company which routinely treats our rooms. Did you report the problem to the front desk immediately? I am not aware of any issues at this time. Please call me directly so that I can further investigate the matter. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Americas Best Value Inn- Kingsport, TN

Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Was very satisfied. Room was clean, staff was friendly, and breakfast was waffles, cereal, and juice and coffee.
Nothing fancy but can't beat it for this price. I would stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Monseyfire,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share a review with us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly staff, and free breakfast. Should you return to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This was a convenient, affordable stop off the highway on our trip to Gatlinburg - easy to get to. It was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday night & the place was full. I'm sure the rates are much higher during races, but that's supply & demand. It has free wifi; waffles, cereal, coffee, milk & juices for breakfast. Room was small, but clean. Take note: unless you are adventurous and want to explore the area, the only restaurant is the Cracker Barrel (which is on the other side of the highway). Behind the Cracker Barrell is a small department store to explore, pretty much the only other sign of civilization.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear gjcooper,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and affordable rooms, and free breakfast. We would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn- Kingsport, TN

Reviewed May 7, 2011

I am very pleased to say that I would definitely recommend this place to family and friends. I had to make a last minute emergency family trip, and needed a comfortable, homey, inexpensive place to stay, and that is exactly what I found. Our room was very roomy. In a 2-doublebed room, even with my self husband and 3 kids, teenager down to age 3. Complete with microwave, refrigerator, free cable, free WIFI and HBO. It had everything that we needed! The staff is very friendly and definitely portrays true " Southern Hospitality". That place was definitely much more than I expected, especially for around $50 a night. To top it all off, because it sits on a hill, I woke up to the most beautiful sunset, and a very relaxing view of the mountains and scenery around. Very happy with my stay and i will "definitely" return. For the money, location and benefits that this motel offers. You just can't beat it.

Room Tip: I would use your AAA or AARP for a discount.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
alpa01, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

We are glad you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Hope to see you again in the future.