“Redeeming Ribs”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #16 of 252 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We eat at this restaurant with family several times a year. We decided to take our business guest here even though he prefers another local restaurant when in Kingsport. We were not only disappointed but embarrassed because of both the poor quality of the food but also the neglectful service. Except for the very good ribs I ordered, the food we were served was fit for the garbage. Our guest was served beef tips that he could hardly cut with a steak knife and was unable to eat, but he said the mushrooms were good. However, his baked sweet potato had the appearance of something pulled from the garbage. It had hardened areas, but only about two spoonfuls of soft pulp. The potato served to my wife looked so bad she sent it back, which was replaced with a better looking and edible potato. Long after our orders had been delivered to the table, I had to ask for my salad. Our wait person seemed surprised; I guess she had not noticed, perhaps because she was busy sweeping the floor. We had arrived for dinner late in the evening, at 8:45, but, being busy with "closing duties" should not diminish service to customers who have been welcomed for service. Even though the manager, Connie, apologized, I found her manner insincere, but she did offer to comp the meals, but my wife had already paid the bill. Had I been the manager, I would have credited at least the one meal which our guest had to endure. However, she did offer coupons. What kind of logic is there in offering disappointed guests coupons, a suggestion that you come back. Why would someone want to return after such a miserable experience?

1  Thank piddlin37

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Meat was a little tough. Restaurant was loud but the service was good. i wold order a better cut of meat next time.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

For a great steak at a great price, this is the place. The salads are always great along with fresh rolls.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I dined at this restaurant on a Sunday night. This was my first time eating at a Texas Roadhouse as they are not yet in the my home area.I was not sure how a chain restaurant would be with ribs, but was I supprised. The ribs were so tender that they fell of the bone. The flavor was excellent and portions were plentiful. I would reccomend this establishment for anyone looking for nice ribs and pulled port. The sweet rolls were especially good and our waited kept them comming.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

First it was so loud we could not talk. Had to ask for a server to wait on us. When he did take our order it was a chore for him. Brought back our salad and they walked back out with our meal. Please give me time to enjoy my salad. I have had very good steaks from here before but tonight it was like shoe leather. It will be a while before we go back.