“Just ok”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“Just ok”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when going to the Bristol NASCAR race in march. It was one of the few hotels that still had rooms open in short notice. Pleasant staff but not very with it. We got back from the race on Sunday to find out room was never cleaned. That was because they didn't even know we were there. It seems that when we checked in the paper work was never filed so housekeeping never knew that room was being used. And it was not cheap either. I know prices go up on race weekend but it was not really worth the cost. Next time we will plan further ahead and make sure we get a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

With a mega Comfort Inn and a Hampton Inn overshadowing the modest-looking Quality Inn higher up on the hill, I approached wondering if I'd chosen the right place, which had been recommended by the client that I was visiting. This place was really nice - perfect for business travel. The room was clean and more spacious than expected, great bed, no problems attaching to wifi, and better than any other Quality Inn I've stayed at. The front desk people were friendly and efficient. I will choose to stay here again when traveling to Kingsport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kristine V
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

GPS problems: this hotel address cannot be programmed in a GPS. Very inconvenient because of the location of the hotel. I had called the hotel a week prior to our stay and the clerk was of no help. In a discussion at the time of checking out, the clerk suggested to use the address of a nearby fast food outlet but I had not idea that such a place existed before my 500 miles trip. GPS programming would have been useful when returning from a downtown restaurant that same evening.

The mattress was very firm and obviously of poor construction with no lower back support: springs linked between themselves rather than being independant. We have experienced back problems and had to use a folded towel for lower back support.

Breafast: The Minimum. No protein food other than yogourt: no egg, no chese, not meat. I took the last yogourt and replenishment did not occur. No whole wheat bread, water for the tea was lukewarm only. Coffee was too weak, but this seems to be the American standard unfortunately.

The toilet and bath portion of the bathroom was very small or crowded. A slight urine smell was noticeable.

The clerk was helpful with list of restaurants but those nearby were all in the fast food category which did not suit our likes. No corkscrew available in the entire hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jean Marie M
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This place not only looked good but the halls smelled good. Attractive with lots of little things done right. Perfect and a great value. Although booked on Priceline I would make sure I stayed here if I was back this way again. Everything was done with a smile. I felt comfortiable staying here and the room was perfect!!!

Room Tip: Enjoy the peace and quite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I had a leak in our bedroom ceiling, so our landlord put us up at the hotel for four nights. We were very pleased with the hotel room and thought that the staff was exceptional. This was a really difficult week for us:bedroom ceiling leak, major snowstorm hit the area, I had a serious allergic reaction and had to go to the ER...you get the picture. All the staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Kate especially was a help. Each morning she would greet us with a smile at the continental breakfast, she even taught my husband how to make waffles! We would stay here again and will refer out of town guests here as well!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This used to be my standard stopping point on frequent trips between DC and Birmingham because it's pet friendly and we usually travel with our dog. However, a couple of weeks ago, it changed to a Quality Inn and it was instantly evident that the property had gone downhill. The front desk staff was nice enough, but the doors to the laundry around the corner from our room were propped open. I just don't need to see piles of gross, dirty sheets and towels. It was also clear that they had removed some of the furniture in the room, including the chairs. The breakfast was much smaller than it had been in the past. This was a really convenient stopping point in the past but we'll be skipping it in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura_Gamble
South Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We found the Jameson Inn in Kingsport to be easy to find from I-26 and Rt. 81. Desk clerk was very helpful. The bed and tv were good. The exercise room was adequate. We do not travel with a pet so it was not welcoming to us to see and hear dogs. The walls and carpets were stained.The bed skirt was wrinkled and had a burned hole in it. There was a musty smoky odor and those things combined made you wonder how clean it really was. The breakfast offered was
not the best. But we could not beat the room rate.

Room Tip: Pet friendly
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family