“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Kingsport
Falls Church, Virginia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This place not only looked good but the halls smelled good. Attractive with lots of little things done right. Perfect and a great value. Although booked on Priceline I would make sure I stayed here if I was back this way again. Everything was done with a smile. I felt comfortiable staying here and the room was perfect!!!

Room Tip: Enjoy the peace and quite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I had a leak in our bedroom ceiling, so our landlord put us up at the hotel for four nights. We were very pleased with the hotel room and thought that the staff was exceptional. This was a really difficult week for us:bedroom ceiling leak, major snowstorm hit the area, I had a serious allergic reaction and had to go to the ER...you get the picture. All the staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Kate especially was a help. Each morning she would greet us with a smile at the continental breakfast, she even taught my husband how to make waffles! We would stay here again and will refer out of town guests here as well!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This used to be my standard stopping point on frequent trips between DC and Birmingham because it's pet friendly and we usually travel with our dog. However, a couple of weeks ago, it changed to a Quality Inn and it was instantly evident that the property had gone downhill. The front desk staff was nice enough, but the doors to the laundry around the corner from our room were propped open. I just don't need to see piles of gross, dirty sheets and towels. It was also clear that they had removed some of the furniture in the room, including the chairs. The breakfast was much smaller than it had been in the past. This was a really convenient stopping point in the past but we'll be skipping it in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura_Gamble
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We found the Jameson Inn in Kingsport to be easy to find from I-26 and Rt. 81. Desk clerk was very helpful. The bed and tv were good. The exercise room was adequate. We do not travel with a pet so it was not welcoming to us to see and hear dogs. The walls and carpets were stained.The bed skirt was wrinkled and had a burned hole in it. There was a musty smoky odor and those things combined made you wonder how clean it really was. The breakfast offered was
not the best. But we could not beat the room rate.

Room Tip: Pet friendly
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Brunswick, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here on our way through Tennessee. The people working there were very friendly and helpful. However, the room...well...it was far from fantastic. I'm not one that normally complains, but the room didn't look very sanitary. It smelled funky. We get in and see a cockroach on the wall. We killed it, so it no longer resides there. I did my normal bed bug inspection. Fortunately, there were no bedbugs. However, there were some old french fries on the floor. The room had a fridge/microwave. The microwave wasn't that clean, and the fridge had a half-drank bottle of water left in it. My wife and I would have normally showered that night, but we decided to hold off until morning for sanitation purposes. (The room/bed just felt a bit icky if that makes sense.) All that being said, we just stayed in one room, so maybe there are other rooms that are fine. Maybe they had a bad day and missed some fries on the floor. It could be anything. It felt like it was in a fairly safe area. There's a Wendy's and a Hardee's within walking distance. Anyway, long story short, I wouldn't go back. If you have to stay here, it won't kill you, but I know for a fact there are better hotels for the same price in this area...because I've stayed in one. Cheers! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
JamesonKing, General Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
While I am thankful to hear about your recent stay with us, I am saddened that your visit did not meet the excellent standards Jameson Inns are known for. Please rest assured that I have made a special effort with my housekeeping staff to address your concerns in ALL of my rooms. We are conveniently located next to the interstate with a number of restaurants in close proximity and I am glad that was to your liking. On your future visits to and through this area I do hope I have an opportunity to erase your first impression and provide you with the perfect stay which all of my guests deserve. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to my attention!

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This Jameson Inn is a newer property. I've stayed in older Jamesons and this is one of the better properties. I stayed only one night as a guest of a guest. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are not cramped. The rooms have a mini-frig and micro. The bathroom sink is outside of the bath/toilet area. Everything looked clean. The breakfast food was below average. The biscuits were crumbly and the sausage-flavored gravy was OK but there was no actual sausage in it. That was the only hot entree, otherwise the breakfast food was pretty unremarkable. The breakfast area was small with not much seating. Overall, I enjoyed my brief stay and I would probably stay here again if I needed a low cost alternative. The hotel is located at the intersection of two major highways in Kingsport so you can get to wherever you want to go pretty quickly. A Wendy's and Hardee's are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Second floor has smoking rooms, so the hallway smells like smoke.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. We look forward to helping you with your lodging needs in the future.

Williamsport, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We used this hotel simply for one night and that would be all I would want. The bed was hard, the room was worn and old. Really needs some updating. At least the room was clean The bathroom was very tiny, but clean. The breakfast was a joke. They had instant oatmeal, but no boiling water so they put hot tap water in a thermos and you couldn't heat it up in the microwave because everything was stryofoam, whichs melts in microwaves. The sign out front said that the pool was open, but it was not and from what I saw it was very dirty. If all you need is a place to sleep for one night then you should be ok with this hotel, but any longer I would find another place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I first want to thank you for your time in reviewing the Jameson Inn of Kingsport. Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to your unsatisfactory night with us. Moreover, I would like to apologize for the pool being temporarily out of order during your visit. I can assure you that the pool is up and running and ready to be enjoyed. I have addressed your concerns about the oatmeal with my breakfast host. We do have piping hot water readily available for the oatmeal and the hot cocoa. I would also like to let you know that we have recently updated all of our rooms with 37” LG Flat Screen televisions, gourmet coffee services, and microwaves and refrigerators. Thank you again for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay and please feel welcome to call and speak to me directly as I would genuinely appreciate the opportunity to earn your future business!