“Great Service, Poor Food”
Review of Stir Fry Cafe

Stir Fry Cafe
Ranked #99 of 250 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Arrived and noticed the decor was very nice. No hostess, had to find a server. After getting seated the waiter, Seth, was great. He was very helpful and attentive. The menu was strange. I ordered food and the soup was the worst I have ever had. Waiter brought me a second type of soup and it was also bad . The rice was not cooked and the main course was poorly made. I did not try the sushi but another customer told me not to as it was not very good.

There are newer reviews for Stir Fry Cafe

Reviewed April 5, 2013

As a resident of Madrid, Spain, I LUV sushi. I was born in Gate City, so what a pleasant surprise to find good sushi here in my hometown. Ciao y buen dia.

Thank G.l. M
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I want to tell you how great this place is...because it is. I mean gave it 5 stars on almost every category, right? The sushi and noodle bowls are great, the atmosphere is wonderful, but sometimes, and it's hit or miss for the most part, the service is lacking. Case in point sometimes you have to wait on a glass of water as long as you would wait on an order of beer. Really? I mean where does the water come from? And why does it consistently take so long to get a beer? I still frequent this wonderful place but those who visit once and get such bad wait service tend to not go back. Ever. But if you go, go early and be patient; judge this establishment on taste alone and you will not be disappointed. And have a Philly roll for crying out loud.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

First, for the vegan folks that were perturbed by the paucity of veggie only dishes, the sign doesn't say "Stir Fry Vegan Cafe" so get over it.

This place was a wonderful little surprise on a drizzly night on the road in the heart of hill country. You step into a spacious bar area that gives way around the corner to comfortable seating but travelling alone, I didn't get further than the bar.

I was seated at a really comfortable high top with a nicely padded bench and settled in for a well prepared rice dish with chicken and shrimp and lots of fresh veggies in a basil curry sauce - yum! It came with soup or spring roll. I chose the hot and sour and it was excellent with chopped onion and other stuff in it that you don't normally see in the typical hot and sour soup. I washed the meal down with hot sake and cold beer and the whole bill came to twenty bucks.

There are plenty of choices on the menu including multiple style noodle dishes, appetizers and entrees - all decently priced and all looked interesting.

Ambience was urban cool and staff was friendly warm. My kind of place and I will be back.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Always enjoy eating the Sushi and every Wednesday and Saturday they offer most of their sushi at 1/2 price! Never been disappointed with any entree here. Nice, unique restaurant.

Been to Stir Fry Cafe? Share your experiences!