“VERY Clean-Comfortable-Nowhere to eat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Kingsport

Comfort Suites Kingsport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kingsport
W. KY
“VERY Clean-Comfortable-Nowhere to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Second stay here since opening. Very nice property - this is one of the latest styles from CSuites. King room had two tv's, couch, workstation and dim lights (eco-friendly makes you squint more I suppose). I will continue to stay here when necessary for business. My only dislike is the lack of restaurants close by. I travel a lot for work and prefer to be able to walk or drive "across the road" for dinner when I get settled down for the evening. Your choices here are fast food... or a 5-10 mile drive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Knoxville, Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night over the weekend while attending a wedding. The hotel appears to be relatively new. The rooms were huge and offered plenty of space for our family of 5, including a pull out sofa. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best we have ever seen and even included chicken biscuits. The staff was good, but could have been a little friendlier. We would absolutely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rocky Face, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We had the two queen bed w/sofa bed; plenty of room for five adults traveling in two cars to a local festival. Having read reviews here we worried about the towel situation and trouble finding food at breakfast; our worries were needless. Extra towels immediately on request. Coffee easily found. Full breakfast even pleased my 6'5" friend and he is never full. Beds soft and comfy. Room had plenty of places for all our stuff and we stuffed it in. Bathroom spacious; we just had to coordinate our showers. We highly recommend comfort inn suites.

• Stayed June 2012
Curtice, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Room was very clean and the breakfast area was outstanding. Breakfast itself was hot, tasty, and well supplied. The hotel was PACKED with mini-wrestlers and their families. The poor desk manager was on his own restocking towels, managing the desk, mopping the floor, and answering the phone. He deserves a raise! Order dinner from the small pizza shop on the room advertisement. They were fast and with great food!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Petersburg, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Overall a nice, newer hotel. This hotel is relatively new and still very clean but is already showing signs of wear - dents/marks on walls, bug smears on walls, mismatched paint touch-ups, holes in couch, tears in comforter, etc. The lobby is very spacious with two areas to recline or gather with friends. The rooms are surprisingly roomy - my family of 5 never felt crowded over our 4 day stay. The dining area is large and the breakfast bar is nicely spread out so that there is plenty of room to prepare your food which was hot and well stocked. The pool is on the small side but clean and well stocked with towels. The exercise room is also small but clean with a weight machine, treadmill, and an eliptical machine. The only real area of concern is in customer service. Sadly, the daytime front desk clerks are indifferent and act as if bothered when posed questions. Perhaps if they put away their cell phones or laptops they would be less distracted. The housekeeping staff do not like to be bothered and on two occasions did not clean or restock our room forcing us to go to the equally indifferent front desk for towels. Once the front desk claimed that the "do not disturb sign" was on our door which was impossible because it was in my purse all day - I took it when we left the hotel at 8:30 am. Conversly, the gentlemen we encountered during the evenings were very accomodating. Daniel is a sweetheart who offered my boys warm M&M chip cookies and milk one night while we hung out in the lobby playing cards. I would definitely stay at this hotel again but will just know that I will have to deal with an unmade bed and grab towels from the reception desk when we pass through in the evenings.

Room Tip: fourth floor away from elevator/ice machine was very quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

When I walked into the hotel the woman at the front desk looked at me as if I was a burden and risky asked "did you reserve earlier?" that's it, no hello. I asked about restaurants nearby for breakfast and the woman in the morning just shrugged and said, "I'm not sure."

The hotel was new so it was in great shape.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stay in this Comfort Suites frequently when I am working in the Tri-cities area. This hotel is very new and right off of the Highway, which makes for easy travel for me. The hotel is nicely decorated, very spacious, and has all of the basics. The rooms are very clean and spacious, nice TVs, sofa area, work desk, night stands, and closets. Every room is equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave. Must haves for me when I travel. The fitness center is small but all of the equipment works. They have a nice pool area and a standard continental breakfast. The staff are hit or miss. I have had wonderful hospitality here and I have also had not-so-wonderful hospitality here. Nothing terrible, just inconsistant. The one girl at the front desk seemed much more interested in her facebook page than in helping me get checked in and getting change to do some laundry. Overall this is a great location with great facilities. Perfect if you are staying in the tri-cities area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business