“Great hotel, horrible service.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
“Great hotel, horrible service.”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

When I walked into the hotel the woman at the front desk looked at me as if I was a burden and risky asked "did you reserve earlier?" that's it, no hello. I asked about restaurants nearby for breakfast and the woman in the morning just shrugged and said, "I'm not sure."

The hotel was new so it was in great shape.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tennessee
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stay in this Comfort Suites frequently when I am working in the Tri-cities area. This hotel is very new and right off of the Highway, which makes for easy travel for me. The hotel is nicely decorated, very spacious, and has all of the basics. The rooms are very clean and spacious, nice TVs, sofa area, work desk, night stands, and closets. Every room is equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave. Must haves for me when I travel. The fitness center is small but all of the equipment works. They have a nice pool area and a standard continental breakfast. The staff are hit or miss. I have had wonderful hospitality here and I have also had not-so-wonderful hospitality here. Nothing terrible, just inconsistant. The one girl at the front desk seemed much more interested in her facebook page than in helping me get checked in and getting change to do some laundry. Overall this is a great location with great facilities. Perfect if you are staying in the tri-cities area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Enjoyed staying at the hotel. It is new and everything is still in great shape. Check in was efficeint and the room was nice. Two minor negative comments. The breakfast area is large and the food was well prepared, but the coffee bar is separate from the rest or the area. Good idea, but it took a bit to figure out where it was. A sign or arrow perhaps? Secondly, some of the common areas like the halls and in the elevator had floors that could have been mopped more often. I was there for three nights and the same spill was there each day. That will deteriorate the fince condition of this hotel too qucikly

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jmc8080
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed one night when we were too tired to drive home after seeing the light display at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Room was very clean and big!
Breakfast was very nice and good selection!
Front desk was very courteous and attentive!
I would recommend!

• Stayed December 2011
Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2011

All good except breakfast. Food not hot attendant did not keep coffee restocked. She had a surly attitude. Bad ending to an otherwise vey nice stay.

Second stay, same as first. If they would put more attention on replenishing breakfast I would rate it very high. Bacon gone at 7:30 coffe out eggs nearly gone. request to resupply never brought any bacon.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank HSTAsam
New York
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is a new hotel as of last December and everything was comfortable, clean and nice. We had no problems and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Spring
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Our family was not given towels on the fifth night of our stay at the Comfort Suites. The two previous nights, we'd had to request towels so on arrival the fifth evening, we stopped at the desk and requested towels. The desk employee (James) said there would not be any available until the morning and he could only give us wet or dirty ones. He stated he didn't know how to operate the dryer. I asked him to contact his supervisor to remedy the situation. He reached the general manager (Charlotte Childress) by phone and she refused to take any action. She also told him to tell us there would be no refunds. I asked to speak with her and restated the situation, expecting a resolution. I asked her to instruct her employee how to operate the dryer or contact someone that knew how. She said she did not know how to operate the dryer and her laundry staff was gone for the evening. I said that as a paying customer, I expect to have clean towels for my family of 5 after a day of playing in a basketball tournament and she stated "If you had that many people in your party, you should have brought more towels". I reminded her that the reservation was for 6 and insisted that she somehow get us towels. She said, "It's quiet time and my laundry staff has gone home." She continued to refuse to provide towels to us. Guests of the hotel that overheard the problem offered their towels to our family and there was NO resolution offered from the desk employee or general manager. After check out, WE WERE CHARGED TWICE FOR OUR STAY AND IF YOU REQUEST LATE CHECK OUT, THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR AN EXTRA DAY!

Room Tip: Get all the towels you need from the maids while they are on your floor! Other guests told me that...