“Good burgers. Hard to get. Long lines equal long wait.”
Review of Purple Cow

Purple Cow
Ranked #28 of 252 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 28, 2013

All I have ever tried from Purple cow are their burgers and fries.There burgers are really good. Love the double cheese burgers. If unsure just go with the special. For less than three bucks you can get a burger loaded, fries and a medium drink. Word of advice if they have a line pick a different restaurant. Their menu is huge and everything is prepared to order so the line moves slowly. Funny if they took about 100 or so items off their menu I think they could get people through quicker and sell more food. Also be prepared to eat in your car as the Purple Cow is drive through only. Anyway if the line is short stop and order. Good burgers and good prices. Worth trying.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Was driving thru and thought I would try the Purple Cow. Stopped and got a steak bomb and fries. The fries were good and the sub was ok. I would rate it higher if the bread had been better. The meat had been good. If I ever have the chance I would try them again but get something that didn't come on the same white mushy roll.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have only been here a couple of times, and just can't understand why this place is SO popular. The food is mediocre (with the exception being their milkshakes, which are amazing and come in every flavor imaginable), and the line is usually backed out into the road. The menu is enormous and you can't read it until you actually get to the window to order, which is probably why the line moves so slowly.

And also, the people working there look filthy and the thought of them preparing my food is rather sickening.

purplecow1648, Manager at Purple Cow, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

So sorry to hear that, we try so hard to make everything right and we only use the best quality of food. It is hard to train people to have the love and passion of food like we do. We keep everything clean and sanatize and all of our employees wear clean uniforms and hats and keep their hair pulled back. I am sorry that you had a bad experince with us.Thank you.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Cheap - Cheap- Cheap- dont expect a quality burger but you wont be paying for quality either, you get what you pay foy. the lines should not be in the street and if you are pressured for time - dont bother getting in line. i would rather go to burger king.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Amazing prices and yummy food! My husband and I travel to the Kingsport area every year and eat here everytime. We have ordered many different things on the menu including pulled pork, fried green tomatoes, chicken bomb, burgers, cookies, ice cream & Cheesecake factory cheesecake in many flavors. YUM, YUM, YUM!!