“Good food large portion of meat”
Review of Phil's Dream Pit

Phil's Dream Pit
Ranked #4 of 254 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have eaten here several times and each time the pork has been delicious. We stopped getting the sandwiches because the buns fall apart. My husband loved the potato salad and we both liked the beans. The slaw is just average. The problem is if you have kids who want fries they won't get them. Our grandchildren didn't like the sides. The kids ordered them and tried them but didn't like it. For just my husband and me, it's always a winner.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

They make the best pork wings I have ever eaten. They just melt in your mouth. The brisket we had was a little dry, but had good flavor. They have a good bit to choose from and what we have tried was good. There are not a lot of bbq places in the Kingsport area to choose from that cook their meat with smoke, but this is one I would recommend for sure.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went out to dinner with some friends who recommended Phil's and I thought that the recommendation was awesome! The ribs were delicious and tender to the point of falling off the bone! I ordered the ribs with the rub, but added the sweet-spicy sauce and the favors blended together for a wonderful taste! I highly recommend this restaurant! Be aware that the diner closes at 7:00 pm on Saturday! We noticed that several people were turned away at closing time!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The food was very poor. Beans were the only good part. Management is nearly surly if they notice you at all. Very clean but the very worst food and overall atmosphere.
Have been trying BBQ from coast to coast for two years of traveling.

STAY AWAY!!!

5  Thank sam s
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were expecting too much, perhaps. The beans were good, the meats so so . We felt what was all the fuss about on tripadvisor? We left disappointed. Sorry folks.

1  Thank Patty S