“Very Steep Driveway”

Super 8 Kingsport /I-81
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed February 23, 2013

average, non-smoking room smelled like stale cigs, truck drivers beware, driveway is billy goat hill with u-turn at top, good place to shift or dump a loaded trailer, would only attempt if empty

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Kingsport /I-81

Reviewed February 22, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped here on a road trip. I don't know if they don't offer single rooms with one bed, but if they do, they didn't ask us before charging us for a room with two beds. The woman at the desk was polite and checked us in quickly. The room is equipped with the bare minimum, which is all we really needed, but they only provided us with one towel, and that was the extent of our bath linens. Bed spread was kind of rough to the touch and uncomfortable. The internet is fine and there's hot water and a good heater. For more than 70 dollars, which is more than I expected of this place, I would rather stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is the nastiest place I have ever been. Had to stop because of the ice on the roads, almost wrecked getting in the parking lot. It is well after 8 am now and they have not salted a sidewalk nor plowed the parking lot, I spoke to an Indian man behind the counter and he told me not his problem! I cannot leave this place because I will slide down and off a hill and the mgmt does not care! BBB here I come!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Front desk associate failed to direct a 91 & 89 year old guest with limited mobility to the most direct route to their room from the parking lot which caused unnecessary walking. Continental breakfast needs a lot of work. Property used Eggo style frozen waffles and selection was very limited bordering non-existent at 8:00 AM. Clerk had difficulty transacting bankcard and POS system from a internet reservation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family