“Nice Seafood Buffet”

The Meadows Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 252 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Partake in an unrivaled Kingsport restaurant experience as you indulge in continental cuisine at The Meadows. Featuring a sophisticated wine list complimented by regional fare, our restaurant in Kingsport, TN is sure to please the most discerning palate.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This restaurant is located within the Marriott Hotel and as a Continental breakfast was included in my rate and I could upgarde to the full hot breakfast for $5.00 more. I chose this option and the breakfast was good with typical selections and eggs made to order.
I did choose to try the Friday night seafood buffet, They had a very good selection for Eastern Tennessee and the price was right. I would certainly recommend this option to anyone staying in the area. Service was friendly and excellent. There was absolutely no shortgage of peel and eat shrimp or snow crab!!

2  Thank BlueMarlinDave

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Friday night all you can eat crab buffet was yummy and the service was great. Everyone seems to know each other at this place and the people were super friendly. All the seafood we tried was prepared wonderfully, especially the made to order scallops. We were just there one night, so not sure about the regular menu or other night specials.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I went for the Friday night seafood buffet. Everyone ranted and raved about how wonderful it was (through the rumor mill) so I decided to give it a try. The selection was nowhere near as vast as everyone said it was. There was about 4 differently prepared selections of fish...mostly tilapia, a few sides such as rice after and mashed potatoes, about two preparations of shrimp, and that was it. Not the big buffet everyone said it was and all of the food was extremely bland. Lots of people from around here that eat there and "think"that they like it only because of the atmosphere...must make them feel important or something...? There are much nicer and way better places in Kingsport to eat. Also, the calimari I ordered as an appetizer was the toughest I have ever had. Service was good and atmosphere nice but not at all worth the $$. Have not been back and will not.

2  Thank jqwalleye01
Reviewed October 8, 2012

As a local area resident, I eat at The Meadows at least weekly. Why? The staff is extraordinarily friendly, always greeting me with a smile and a "Hello." The food selection is varied and superb. Love their luncheon buffets -- salad options and dessert selections are extra special. Having stayed in quality hotels literally around the world, I find this special restaurant, hotel, and convention center earns my business; thus, gets it. Everything from their new wine bar to their restaurant, meeting rooms, and convention center are far above average. My clients and guests always love it. It is a special treat to have a quality option available in our part of the world. I support it.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I hear the boneless fried chicken was great, and the four cheese and tomato sandwich was awesome. The desserts were amazingly rich and tasty.