Comfort Inn South
Hampton.com
$64
$85
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

Econo Lodge(Kingsport)
$48
EconoLodge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $55/night.

$119
$65
$163
$149
  • Pool
All reviewsopen hoursperkins restaurant next doorwrite this reviewoff the highwaywould stay againright next doormy favoritegreat roomhotel is locatedrooms are cleanwafflescontinental breakfastnext morningpillowscouponcerealbristol
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wouldnt recommend anyone stay here unless u want red bumps all over your body. Checked out a few days ago and started to notice bumps on my hands and arms. Not impressed one but. Came down from Canada and has ruined my experience.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank NotiImpressedwiththis
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Ordinarily, I do complain. I have worked in the hospitality industry since 1987 and I understand that things happen. I travel 14 weekends a year with High school and travel ball, staying with both Hilton and Choice properties.

This past weekend was one of the worst travel experiences I have had in a long time. I felt the need to let management know, so that perhaps training can be implemented to prevent this type of experience for future guests.

My daughter and I joined the OHS Softball team late Friday evening at your hotel, as we attended a family funeral on Thursday. We contacted the hotel to let them know we would be arriving late. I spoke to Paul over the phone and I gave him my first and last name. When we arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by Paul(pleasant enough), again I gave him my first and last name. I attempted to provide him with my confirmation email, but he said he did not need it. I signed my first and last name on a registration card and he ran my credit card.

When we got up to our room, Savannah and I were placed in a king bedded room instead of the double that I had reserved. This was disappointing, Savannah is 17. We always request rooms with two beds.

Savannah and I proceeded to get ready for bed, as her team was scheduled to play ball early the next morning. We were fast asleep when I was awakened by someone trying to enter my room(thank goodness the swing latch was in place), they were able to get into the lower area, but it banged when they tried to open the door all the way. It continued for several minutes. Naturally, this not only woke me up, but it also woke my daughter up. Then my phone begin to ring. Your front desk agent named Heather Peay wanted to know my last name(as if I were an imposter or something). I told her I would not give her my name over the phone without first calling her back at the front desk to verify that she was an employee. I did not know what the heck was going on. Not to mention quite frightened at this point with folks trying to get in the room. I called Heather back and indeed it was your front desk agent. Needless to say after attending a funeral, and a 5 hour drive to Kingsport, we did not get ANY SLEEP on Friday night.

Saturday morning, I spoke to the blonde haired front desk agent and explained the situation and she was not remotely interested. She said there were no notes about the incident and nothing she could do. No further comment there…

Sunday morning I get a bill under my door with Pam Porter’s information on it. They checked me in, had me run my credit card and SIGN MY FULL NAME on the registration card and they never bothered to check me in???

I spoke to Heather G. on Sunday morning and she tried hard to right the situation. She is by far the most competent of the staff members I worked with…

At this point, I am still very concerned about the charges placed on my credit card.

Please confirm the amount charged to my card. Also, Please reassure me that Pam Porter’s charges were not placed on my card.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Smaller but nice property. Clean room with a spacious bathroom. The WiFi (password protected) - kinda annoying. Lots of TV Channels. Microwave and refrigerator in the room, small (individual serving cup sized) coffee maker.

Room Tip: VERY anoying front entrance door (very hard to maneuver bags in and out!) -- best park in the rear, and bring in the bags through the back door.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here one night in a King size bed. Nice! comfortable! The place didn't have automatic doors which made it a bit tricky for trying to get yourself and luggage in without some contortions. The AC was already on and the room was chilled perfectly! Had a great night's sleep. The shower in the morning was hot and refreshing. Booked with room with using points from Choice Hotels rewards program. Room key get's you 10% off at Perkins restaurant which means that you don't pay tax :) Employees were very nice. We arrived very late so we just went in and went to bed. For some reason the tv was unplugged. Overall this was a very nice place to stay whi

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel must be about to go out of business. I travel a lot and stay at many Choice Hotels in 5 states. I have stayed at this location before. It was never this bad. When I checked in, I noticed on the bill that they were charging me a $1.50 per night "Green" fee. I asked what this was for. The check in person told me the hotel is trying to go "green" and this is for extra laundry service. I said, well if I ask for extra towels, then charge me. The person really could not give me a good reason why this $1.50 was being charged other than for the hotel to get extra money from each guest. I reserved a king bed room. The only one available was on the 3rd floor where the smoking rooms are. I am very allergic to tobacco smoke and stated that. I was told I would be on the opposite end of the hall from the smoking rooms. When I got to the room, there were exactly 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths, 1 roll of toilet paper (mostly used) and no laundry bag in the closet for my dirty clothes. it was the BARE minimum of everything. I was afraid to ask for any extra items for the bathroom, they would probably charge me more "Green" fees! The bed squeaked every time I turned over and cigarette smoke filtered into the room from the hall. Needless to say I did not sleep very well. I had planned to stay two nights and after the first night of torture, I checked out and stayed elsewhere. I am a Elite Diamond member and spend many nights each year in Choice Hotels. I have marked this one off my list of acceptable hotels. I will never stay at this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple