“Not much parking but excelent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn South

Comfort Inn South
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Kingsport
Saint Rose, Louisiana
“Not much parking but excelent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

Had to come down the road because of bad experence in Bristol, But very very very glad I did. This hotel was 100 time nicer than the comfort inn in Bristol, Staff was great and very helpful, Breakfast could hve been better, although I think that when the breakfast is good because I live in Hotels. Hotel was just off interstate 81 with a Perkins right next door (10% discount with your room key). Room was clean and hotel was very nice. The only thing was the parking lot is very small. I have a large vehicle so this is just a issue to me if you are in a car there is plenty of parking. The Value was excelent rate was over $10.00 less than in Bristol.

Room Tip: stayed on first floor
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Comfort Inn is conveniently located off of Interstate 81 and a very short walk to a very nice Perkins restaurant. The room itself was not very clean. The carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed after the previous guest. The bathroom floor is tiled, and the grout is either stained or very dirty. My key card failed on two occasions during a two-day stay and had to be reprogrammed both times. The reponse from the person behind the counter was that it must have expired. The breakfast was very nice, not a lot of extras, but well maintained with plenty to eat. For the most part, the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Would I stay here again? Probably so; the price was right and overall if wasn't a bad experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank NanaLou
conway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed here 10/27/11 for one night. When we were leaving to go down to breakfast we observed a bug on one of the pillows. We removed the bedding and found serveral bugs. We caught three and took them to the front desk/manager. He told us they were ticks. We checked out and took the bugs home in a ziplock. Three exterminators verfied that they were bed bugs. We have called the corporate office, Choice Hotels, and the independent owner. The owner denies they have bed bugs but there is a previous report from a customer in July of this year on www.bedbugregistry.com. We have also contacted TN State Health Department. My wife was bitten twice on the chest and we are not able to bring our suitcases inside our home until we are certain they are all dead. It's been a nightmare!!

Room Tip: Check mattresses and wall behind bed for bed bugs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eilish p

Travelers are raving about these Kingsport hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

This was a nightmare. I had a prepaid room for 2 weeks, but upon check-in I was asked for a CC for incidentals. I charged nothing to the room at all and whenI checked out I was told there was nothing billed to my CC. Wrong!!! 3 days later I checked and found a charge of $915.09 on the Visa used for incidentals, billed by the hotel, on the day that I checked out. I contacted them and they initially denied it but once I got the CC rep on the phone with us they admitted it was a mistake and that it would be refunded. It took over 4 days before I saw my money back. Never again, not here!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here in August and a month later found I was charged double on my credit card. When I called they said I checked out after 12 noon. I reminded them I checked-in about 2:30am and asked for a late checkout for 1230. They said there's no record I requested a late checkout. They refused to credit my credit card. The bill they gave me was for one night. The hotel later doubled my charged. I wrote to the Better Business Bureau and if not resolved I'll sue them in small claims court. I never had a hotel do this to me.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here. They will sneak charges on your credit card.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom1217
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here going and comming from Arlington Va
Hotel staff very nice and accomodating
Rooms clean and comfortable
Would stay again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stopped off at this hotel on the way to Georgia. Room was clean. Bed was good. The hotel did provide a continental breakfast. Not a good selection but was adequate. Hotel is located behind a Perkins and Perkins will take 10% off the food bill if you are staying at this hotel. Staff was friendly. Hotel does have a pool but we did not use it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family