All reviewsroom was cleanbreakfast staffexcellent stayhotel chainexcellent hotelwould stay here againfresh fruitoutdoor poolconvenient locationa great place to stayking suitefitness centerpleasant stayoatmealcomplimentary breakfasteasy accessthe tri cities area
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this property overnight during Memorial weekend. I was worried about the the quality of the hotel, as I booked online. We were pleasantly surpised and VERY PLEASED! In first room, there was a problem with the stopper in the bathub not working. The front desk politely moved us to another room, which we really loved (Room 301). We had a jacuzzi suite and the room was SPOTLESS and bed was like a dream!!!!! Judging from the lobby, public areas and room I would say this hotel may have been recently renovated. The room overall was tastefully done. I hope this review helps someone out there....
NOTE: 3rd floor seemed to be a little newer than 2end floor..

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for 2 nights. I normally look for Hilton properties since I'm a member of their loyalty program. The hotel is convenient right off I-26 there is a Wendy's and Hardees next door. Check in was easy. I requested a room away from the highway but, got a room (odd numbers) on the highway side of the road. This room was loud there is an Interstate access road (4 lane) with a sizeable hill. All day and night you can hear trucks using those annoying engine brakes. Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn one sort of hot entree and a bunch of carbohydrates, bagels, cereals, etc all adequate but not stellar either. I think I would stay at the Marriott Meadowview Conference Center across the street the next time I go.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

We always try to honor guests' requests for room location. I apologize that we weren't able to accommodate your request during this stay. I hope that you will stay with us again. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 9, 2009

Hampton Inn Kingsport TN was very nice. Very helpful and informative staff. I mean really! Breakfast was good, room clean and comfortable, no pool however. That would have been nice.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2005

This is the nicest Hampton Inn I have stayed at. This was my 6th visit to this property. They have added on to this motel (mini/jr suites). Very nice touch. The hotel is very clean and the rooms have updated furnishings. Staff is very friendly and loyal. The same people each time I have visited. Beds are more comfortable than the one I sleep on at home! This hotel is located kinda out by itself. The view from my window was of a pasture with horses and cattle. Very relaxing. The hotel is near I26, but far enough away that you never hear traffic. Great Place To Bring Wife For A Getaway!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank sdlittlefield
Reviewed May 2, 2004

Typically I make my own arrangements for a hotel room after I've had some time to research on the 'net, but we were in town for a wedding and the bride made all the reservations.

Kingsport isn't the kind of town where you're going to find a lot of five-star accommodations, so the Hampton seemed as good as any.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by a friendly desk clerk who got us checked in quickly. We asked whether other members of our party had arrived, and while she couldn't tell us what room they were in, she did verify that our rooms were close together.

The room was standard Hampton fare: a king bed, a 27" color TV with cable and HBO (we turned this on once), a work station with computer ports, and best of all - free Wi-Fi access. I can count on one hand the number of hotels that I've been to (usually upscale) that don't tack on some sort of surcharge ($10/day usually) for Wi-Fi use. It was great to not be tied down to a port and to be able to carry the laptop room to room to share pictures, etc., with others.

Hampton's "continental" breakfast includes everything but bacon and eggs. There is a full fruit bar, danish, cold cereals, oatmeal, grits, and sausage gravy with biscuits. We were planning on going out for breakfast the day after the wedding, but there was no need.

We had only made a couple of requests, but they were met in a prompt and friendly manner. From changing a $20 so we could tip housekeeping to providing scotch tape and scissors so that we could wrap the wedding gift we had brought, we felt valued as customers.

Our stay was in February, so the pool was closed and I cannot comment on that.

The final thing worth noting is that this property is building an additional wing, and at no time were we bothered by construction noises.

All in all, this was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2004