“Disappointed with registration policy”

Hampton Inn Kingsport
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel requires that upon registration the total amount for the room and what they call incidentals a hold will be placed on your debit/credit card. However they do not alert you to this practice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I am sorry that you did not recognize the policy regarding credit card authorizations. Let me take this opportunity to help clear this up for future guests as well. This information is printed on every registration card that guests sign when they check in. It states:

"If the debit/credit card you are using for check-in is attached to a bank or checking account, a hold will be placed on the account for the full anticipated dollar amount to be owed to the hotel, including estimated incidentals, through your date of check-out and such funds will not be released for 72 business hours from the date of check-out or longer at the discretion of your financial institution."

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My entire family had a very comfortable stay @ Kingsport Hampton INN. The facility was neat and clean, the staffs were friendly and my overall experience was satisfactory. I would recommend this to any business, couples or family for a decent stay. After 6 hours of road trip, when the night fell, we all had a very good night sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad that you had a great stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with the facility and the service. Convenient access and parking. We are seniors and were able to park in an area that allowed us to us a side door and the elevator was very close. The room was well kept, everything worked, TV was up to date and the TV listing. All linens were crisp and I felt like I was in a sanitary bed. Very important to a woman. Thanks for the fine service. V.F.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room costs as much as a four star hotel, the room was ok but nothing special, bed was good and it was quiet for being so close to the interstate. The breakfast wasn't so hot. while there was cereal, waffles, sweet rolls I could have eaten I chose the scrambled eggs and turkey sausage. the sausage was good the eggs horrible. powdered eggs made with water, tasted like cardboard (I'm not fussy but this was not good), orange juice did not taste good. I expect better from hampton.

Room Tip: we were one the third floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Upon arrival I was not welcomed as a Gold member or offered my drink and snack. The room was comfortable and clean but had a musty smell from the A/C that filled the room. The breakfast area was crowded with no place to sit and most all of the breakfast items were either running out or had run out. This Hampton would be at the bottom of my list. Unfortunately I had used 90,000 of my earned points to take a little break from business, but now feel those points were wasted.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall the accommodations were acceptable and on par with other Hampton Inns. However, the shower-tub had hair on the walls and floor from the previous occupant - probably an oversight during cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am sorry that your room was not up to the standard you typically experience at Hampton Inn hotels. We will do our best to correct the issue in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

While this hotel is a bit pricey for the area, it's well worth it. I stayed 5 nights on a solo leisure trip. The room was very clean, even the duvet cover smelled fresh. Several front desk personnel staff were helpful, from changing my reservations to providing me with breakfast at 5 a.m. (an hour earlier than the continental breakfast begins). The hotel was quiet and comfortable. It is located near several fast food eateries and is a short trip to main areas of Kingsport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!