All reviewsroom was cleanbreakfast staffexcellent stayhotel chainexcellent hotelwould stay here againfresh fruitoutdoor poolconvenient locationa great place to stayking suitefitness centerthe breakfast areapleasant stayoatmealcomplimentary breakfasteasy access
Reviewed May 18, 2013

After drivng 500 miles it was nice to be received by a friendly and helpful front desk clerk. After check-in and dropping off our bags it was a four mile drive to a restaurant other than fast food. There were many choices, just none close. The hotel was easy to find and quite comfortable.

Room Tip: The hotel did not seem to have a bad side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I arrived 6 May and am leaving tomorrow, 9 May. Upon arrival I asked how to get to the local YMCA because I am a member and enjoy visiting other YMCA's when I am out of town. She gave me a map and directions, and mentioned that I was welcome to visit the local gym called Great Body Works (or something like that) that Hampton has an agreement with so their guest can go for free. I thanked her but intended to use the Y, so, after checking in I made my way across town. To my surprise, the Y was closed and moving to a new location that does not open until next week. I remembered Lisa telling me about the local gym. I found the number to the Hampton on the map Lisa provided. I called and spoke with Lisa and she gave me directions to the gym.

That would have been enough to make my stay enjoyable, but Lisa outdid herself later that evening. After returning from the gym I returned to my room to prepare for a class I was teaching on 7-8 May. I realized I needed copies of several documents and needed them sorted. I walked downstairs around 8pm and asked her if she would mind. "Not at all" was her response. So, 20 minutes later she calls my room and says she has the copies ready. She did not earn any extra wages for these acts of kindness but really made a difference to me and my stay, and the class I taught at the local Armory. She was very busy checking others in but still was kind enough to go out of her way to help. She did not have to, she could have said she was too busy, or wasn't authorized (which is what I expected but thought why not check), or any other reason.

So, thank you Lisa. The room was nice and clean and the location was convenient and the internet was fast, and I enjoyed the access to the local gym, but without a doubt Lisa made the difference.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was a nice Hampton Inn and I enjoyed my stay. The room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. After many years of traveling I have learned not to look too close at how clean the room is, but in this case I could not help how much dust there was on the mirror frame right in front of the desk. That should never get like that. The bathroom was nice and looked clean with ample hot water. The breakfast could have been better. They had something that was marked eggs, but they did not taste like it. Would I stay there again, I would say yes!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

the motel was overrun with grade school jocks, I know they need a place to stay when out of town to compete, but, mgmt should have sent them outside to wrestle and not let then play in the halls and force those of us in town to work to use the stairs because the children were playing in the elevator. Breakfast was so crowded with unsupervised children we went across the street to Hardees, no way I was going to let all those brats fill my clothes with syrup and chocolate milk!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a real nice Hampton set is a hillside location. very clean, well run and well located. The rooms are good sized and breakfast area well set up. The motel is very quite and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business