“Friendly”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Friendly”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

After drivng 500 miles it was nice to be received by a friendly and helpful front desk clerk. After check-in and dropping off our bags it was a four mile drive to a restaurant other than fast food. There were many choices, just none close. The hotel was easy to find and quite comfortable.

Room Tip: The hotel did not seem to have a bad side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I arrived 6 May and am leaving tomorrow, 9 May. Upon arrival I asked how to get to the local YMCA because I am a member and enjoy visiting other YMCA's when I am out of town. She gave me a map and directions, and mentioned that I was welcome to visit the local gym called Great Body Works (or something like that) that Hampton has an agreement with so their guest can go for free. I thanked her but intended to use the Y, so, after checking in I made my way across town. To my surprise, the Y was closed and moving to a new location that does not open until next week. I remembered Lisa telling me about the local gym. I found the number to the Hampton on the map Lisa provided. I called and spoke with Lisa and she gave me directions to the gym.

That would have been enough to make my stay enjoyable, but Lisa outdid herself later that evening. After returning from the gym I returned to my room to prepare for a class I was teaching on 7-8 May. I realized I needed copies of several documents and needed them sorted. I walked downstairs around 8pm and asked her if she would mind. "Not at all" was her response. So, 20 minutes later she calls my room and says she has the copies ready. She did not earn any extra wages for these acts of kindness but really made a difference to me and my stay, and the class I taught at the local Armory. She was very busy checking others in but still was kind enough to go out of her way to help. She did not have to, she could have said she was too busy, or wasn't authorized (which is what I expected but thought why not check), or any other reason.

So, thank you Lisa. The room was nice and clean and the location was convenient and the internet was fast, and I enjoyed the access to the local gym, but without a doubt Lisa made the difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bryan H
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice Hampton Inn and I enjoyed my stay. The room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. After many years of traveling I have learned not to look too close at how clean the room is, but in this case I could not help how much dust there was on the mirror frame right in front of the desk. That should never get like that. The bathroom was nice and looked clean with ample hot water. The breakfast could have been better. They had something that was marked eggs, but they did not taste like it. Would I stay there again, I would say yes!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Blaine, Tennessee
Reviewed April 21, 2013

the motel was overrun with grade school jocks, I know they need a place to stay when out of town to compete, but, mgmt should have sent them outside to wrestle and not let then play in the halls and force those of us in town to work to use the stairs because the children were playing in the elevator. Breakfast was so crowded with unsupervised children we went across the street to Hardees, no way I was going to let all those brats fill my clothes with syrup and chocolate milk!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a real nice Hampton set is a hillside location. very clean, well run and well located. The rooms are good sized and breakfast area well set up. The motel is very quite and the staff was helpful.

Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is a good value. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. A couple of fast food location next door but if you want better food then you will need to drive approximately 15 minutes away. I will choose this location again when in the Tri-Cities as it is a good value.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last year and a half and have yet to find something that wasn't perfect. The beds are always soft, the rooms are always clean, and the staff will bend over backwards to make sure you enjoy your stay. The fact that the hotel has a satisfaction guarantee is irrelevant because you won't need it (unless you are a deadbeat looking for a free room). I would and have recommended this hotel to friends that have needed places to stay. I look forward to being able to use the pool there this summer when we go to visit our family. The hotel is also right off of several major roads and is next to several restaurants so you are never too far away from anything you may need. Also, the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves so you can buy your own groceries if you are on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple