“Weekend stay”

Hampton Inn Kingsport
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was convenient to Eastman Kodak and for the most part it was comfortable. I needed a handicapped room but they only have king sized beds in the handicapped room I was traveling with a friend and we needed two beds. They put a shower chair in the room which helped but a bathroom arranged for a handicapped person would have been better.

Room Tip: the only prooblem was their handicapped rooms only have king sized beds. They installed a shouer sea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 6, 2013

It was 12:45 when I arrived. Doors were open, against what the sign said. They have a window where after hours people are to check in. I had to call the hotel to "awaken" someone to give me my key. The "acting" manager the next morning gave excuses. Glad I had locks on my door. Sad, cause Hampton Inns are typically very good in this area. Not this time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if in any way you felt unsafe at our hotel. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel safe at our property and we do everything we need to do to make sure our guests have safe say with us. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration and discuss them with our security staff.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The lobby is welcoming, but the staff is not. Most of the front desk staff are rude and condescending. I have booked a hotel room or meeting room 3 times in the last few months because location is good, but will not do so again. The Hampton inn Johnson city has better rooms and much friendlier staff, I will either stay there in the future or another property in Kingsport, just not THIS hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I was especially disappointed that you did not receive the level of service you deserve. I can assure you that I will personally speak to our front desk staff regarding your comments to improve our on-property experience. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went to Kingsport, TN Feb. 1 through Feb. 3 2013 with our adult daughter. We reserved a double bed room and it was clean and very comfortable. We arrived late for checkin and the front desk girl was so sweet. She actually said she was getting worried about us since it was getting late. The beds are nice and comfy, and there is a sign that the comforter is cleaned for each guest. Nice - wish ALL hotels/motels would do this! The room was definitely big enough for the 3 of us. Only thing not up to par is the hot breakfast. There is only one waffle maker so there is quite a line to get one. The eggs and sausage were cold. For the money, overall, this is great place and I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were extremely comfortable (it was hard getting out of them in the morning). The front desk was extremely helpful. I forgot my contact solution and they had some for me to use free of charge.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It has been a couple years since our last stay at this Hampton Inn and I was pleased to see that it has been up kept very well. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The front desk person was very friendly when we checked in. The breakfast was better then most of the other hampton inns that I have stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This Hampton Inn was very clean, inviting with excellent check-in experience and a very clean, comfortable bed. The sticky note on the headboard advising that the duvet cover and linens were freshly cleaned was a nice touch. I rarely find Hampton breakfast to be above average and this one was no diifferent...overcooked eggs, very limited "hot foods" choices but very clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!