“I won't be back.”

Hampton Inn Kingsport
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The lobby is welcoming, but the staff is not. Most of the front desk staff are rude and condescending. I have booked a hotel room or meeting room 3 times in the last few months because location is good, but will not do so again. The Hampton inn Johnson city has better rooms and much friendlier staff, I will either stay there in the future or another property in Kingsport, just not THIS hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I was especially disappointed that you did not receive the level of service you deserve. I can assure you that I will personally speak to our front desk staff regarding your comments to improve our on-property experience. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went to Kingsport, TN Feb. 1 through Feb. 3 2013 with our adult daughter. We reserved a double bed room and it was clean and very comfortable. We arrived late for checkin and the front desk girl was so sweet. She actually said she was getting worried about us since it was getting late. The beds are nice and comfy, and there is a sign that the comforter is cleaned for each guest. Nice - wish ALL hotels/motels would do this! The room was definitely big enough for the 3 of us. Only thing not up to par is the hot breakfast. There is only one waffle maker so there is quite a line to get one. The eggs and sausage were cold. For the money, overall, this is great place and I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were extremely comfortable (it was hard getting out of them in the morning). The front desk was extremely helpful. I forgot my contact solution and they had some for me to use free of charge.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It has been a couple years since our last stay at this Hampton Inn and I was pleased to see that it has been up kept very well. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The front desk person was very friendly when we checked in. The breakfast was better then most of the other hampton inns that I have stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This Hampton Inn was very clean, inviting with excellent check-in experience and a very clean, comfortable bed. The sticky note on the headboard advising that the duvet cover and linens were freshly cleaned was a nice touch. I rarely find Hampton breakfast to be above average and this one was no diifferent...overcooked eggs, very limited "hot foods" choices but very clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

stayed at this property for one night while travellilng north on i-81..although the hotel is a few miles off 81 the distance is only few miles..hotel has easy access and is most comfortable...the exterior is the usual hampton inn but the interior decor was especially attractive...reception at front desk was very friendly and helpful...room, hallways and elevator were clean and current...only fast food restaurants adjacent to property and the mexican restaurant up the hill from the hotel was certainly nothing special...fast food would have been better..the am breakfast was complete and very good..pleasant staff there as well...would stay here again when passing by...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just visited Kingsport for the first time. Very nice hotel. The lobby was exceptional. hotel staff very nice and helpful with restaurants in the area. Lynne was a very helpful. Beds as usual were very comfy. Will definitely visit again.

Stayed: November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
#12 of 16 in Kingsport
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City

Been to Hampton Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!