“Great for business travel.”

Hampton Inn Kingsport
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great for business travel.”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I have stayed at this Hampton inn for over 20 nights this yearend I have to recommend it. The service and friendly atmosphere created by the staff goes a long way in making you feel at home. The rooms are pretty good and the location is great for doing business in Kingsport. The rates are a little bit high for this level of hotel, but it is what it is.

The carpet could use updating and the breakfast is just so-so, but for a lower- mid level hotel, it will work.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I travel to Kingsport regularly for work and usually stay at the Meadowview. Since it was booked when I had to make a last minute trip, I tried the Hamption Inn for my two-night business trip.

Room
I liked the size of the room and it appeared clean, but it was dark and smelled musty. I was located right near the elevator, but since I checked in after midnight, I didn't request a room change. Thankfully, it wasn't loud at all, which was a nice surprise. The bed looked lumpy, but it was comfortable and I slept fine. My room looked out over the front of the hotel, but it was quiet and dark enough.

Breakfast
The food and selection was just OK. I thought the coffee was good.

Common areas
The lobby and breakfast area is welcoming. I appreciated the free Internet access in these areas and in my room.

Location
As others have mentioned, there's nothing in walking distance. When my colleague and I wanted to grab a drink after meetings, we asked the front desk for a recommendation and a cab. We did not feel safe with the cab driver that arrived. He kept repeating the day of the week it was, told us he was really tired and didn't stop talking - but what he was talking about, we had no idea! We did eventually get to Stella Blue's, which was fine, but I have to admit I wish we could have just gone to a bar or resturant in the lobby or next door to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We will check your room out and make sure everything is alright. Come see us again!
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Within 15 minutes of checking in, the power went out and there was no back up generator. A young girl was stuck in the elevator and they couldn't find a key to get her out. There was an electrical burning smell and the fire department and police department had to be called. There was no expectation for when power would be restored, and when I went to check out, they refused to refund my money. I have now spent an extensive amount of time following up with Hilton to get a refund and they too have refused to refund my money. The woman at the front desk, Isabelle, was rude and condescending. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Isabelle's expectation was that I should go sit in my dark hotel room and wait for power to come back, not knowing whether that would be hours or days. I'm appalled by this whole experience and will never stay another Hilton property again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank nats1727
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
First, we appreciate the comments and let me offer some insight into the situation. There was a large storm that hit our area that day and knocked out power to most of the city. It also destroyed some buildings across town. When the power went out, the elevators stopped. There are actually two keys to the elevators at the property at all times, but opening an elevator shaft without proper supervision can be very dangerous. In the interest of the child’s safety, I drove to the hotel from my home and opened the door before emergency services even arrived at the hotel. The smell that was reported was simply a light that burned out when the power surged. The power company could not give us an estimate of when the power would be back on in the city so, of course, we could not estimate it ourselves. Fortunately, it was only out for about an hour and a half. As soon as I was made aware of this guest’s issues, we did actually exercise Hampton’s 100% guarantee and refund their money for that night. This occurred before this review was written. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously. We appreciate each and every one of our guests and strive to help them enjoy their time while they are here with us in Kingsport.
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The beds slid from the box springs and the sheets came off the beds during the night. The AC unit was very loud as it came on, so got very little sleep. Another guest at the hotel commented on this, as well. .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank srb1954
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Belleair Beach, FL
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stay here once or twice a year when visiting family in Kingsport. I'm not sure about the comment regarding lack of a pool because there is an outdoor pool. We have always found the staff to be friendly, the rooms clean and furnishings in good condition. The property is conveniently located. The only drawback is that the lack of restaurants in the area. The only "sit down" restaurant that is close is a Mexican restaurant, which we love, but if you aren't in the mood for restaurant or fast food, then you will need to drive a few miles. The rooms are furnished with a microwave and small refridgerator which is a nice touch. I like to have a diet coke in the morning and this allows me to get it the night before instead of running down the hall in the morning in my pjs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Durham, NC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed one night, we came in very late for a family reunion. We decided on a suite and it was perfect. The staff was amazing. We can't wait to go back again. "Oh yes and plenty of room" (Very Reasonable Rates!)

Room Tip: Just ask, they are great about seeing that you are comfortable!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel after Thanksgiving when we went up to see his grandfather who was dying. We chose this place as a brief escape and had very little issues.

When we checked in it was late and cold and we hurried up and went to our room to set our stuff down and left to go get dinner. After we got back, my husband realized the bathroom toilet was broken. The front desk immediately told us to come down and they would switch our rooms. The only other issue I had was I had to switch over to the AC in the middle of the night because it got too hot in the room and the AC was really loud.

The breakfast was great, I really enjoyed it except for the omelets.

I would definitely visit this hotel again if we need too when visiting the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple