“Bathroom wasn't even cleaned” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Kingsport

Motel 6 Kingsport
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Kingsport
Nashville, Tennessee
“Bathroom wasn't even cleaned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

As I checked around 8:30 and there was no reason for me to check the bathroom, I was stunned the next morning when I went to shower. I hopped in to see a bar of soap on the ledge. Not a big deal, someone forgot to pick up a used bar of soap. Gross, but tolerable. Then I closed the shower curtain...exposing HUGE patches of mold starting at the bottom, finishing mid-body level. Doesn't get any worse than that right? Wrong. I look up to the shower rod, following the mold trail, and what's hanging off it? A pink pair of ladies undies. So upon checkout, I tell the desk clerk what happened and he just looks at me straight-faced and said, "Well, sorry about that. Here's your receipt, have a nice day." Not a single offer to reimburse a part of the cost, nothing to show me they were actually sorry about having the worst bathroom at a hotel in which I've ever stayed. This is simply unacceptable. Had I not been late to a wedding already, I would've fought him tooth-and-nail to get my money back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mantua, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Overall I am very satisfied with this inn. The rooms looked somewhat dated, but they were extremely clean and comfortable. The beds were perhaps the most comfortable and plush that I have ever slept upon and I had a great night's sleep. The furnishings were in very good shape and the carpet seemed nice and clean. The room smelled very nice and fresh. The TV was nice, but there were only about half as many stations as were listed on the channel card. The bathroom was nice and big and clean, but they only supplied 2 sets of towels. The exterior was very fresh and attractive and well kept. The linens were very clean but I feel the bedspreads, shower curtains and window coverings should be updated. They were clean, however, just a little dated and dingy. The breakfast room was nice and large, clean and well stocked. They offered the usual toast and muffins, but also had a Waffle Machine and sausage biscuits. The lobby is very beautiful and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Double rooms only had full-size beds, instead of queens, but they were the most comfortable matt...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rod S
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently booked a room through this site, attracted by the location and the price. The rooms were nice! I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the bed was, and how nice the furniture was. Housekeeping was very attentive, ensuring we had clean towels and extra coffee for our two night stay. Its close to plenty of great restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kempner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would only use this second rate hotel as the last resort, as in my case. The first thing that happen was that the night clerk quoted me a price over the phone and when I went to sign in he tried to up the price. The second incident was when I went back to the office to get more towels because there were only two towels in the room even though it was a double bed room, I found the doors were locked and even though I rang the bell for a least fifteen minutes and was calling the office on my cell phone at the same time nobody came to the door. Found out later the night clerk had a habit of going to the backroom and sleeping. I eventually had to go to the nearby Walmart and buy some towels. After getting into the room, we discovered that the security lock was broken, the wallpaper was coming off the walls, there was mold on the shower curtain, curtain rod was hanging by a thread and the ironing board had brown spots all over it. My wife felt so uneasy about getting under the covers that she slept in it with her clothes on. The funny thing about the whole experience was that they wanted to charge me $200 on Friday because it was the NASCAR weekend in Bristol. Needless to say I checked out the next day and found us a nicer hotel down the road.

P.S. Even found old food in the refride that was left by an earlier traveler.

Room Tip: Take a real close look a the rooms before checking in to make sure it meets with your satisification...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Honeoye Falls, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The man at the front desk offered us a different room but after seeing the first one, NO THANKS! There were spiders and their web behind the room's front door. The wall behind the head of the bed had a huge collection of dirt, dust,hair and an unknown sticky substance. When I turned on the bathroom light a bug ran across the floor. There was also cigarette holes in the bedspread. The room also smelled musty. We knew for the price it wasn't going to be perfect but it wasn't even close to average. We left right away, 10:00pm, and found another room in another hotel. Travelers beware!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Priceline let me down this time. This is the first time I've met with a "hotel" that had doors that opened to a parking lot-not a relaxing setup when travelling with little kids. We were a little nervous when we drove up and the outside facade was in serious need of TLC. The room itself was clean and adequate. We had to park on the other side of the building which meant a late night walk past the occasional barechested, overweight tenant that was lurking outside their room. I was relieved my husband was with us. The breakfast was adequate the staff didn't bother to look up when we walked past. Glad we won't be back and we made it unscathed out of there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie S
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel a year ago when my Uncle passed away and everything was fine but it has since undergone management changes and not for the betterment of the establishment. The room was dirty, the carpet stained, they did not clean the room every day, they didn't do anything that you would expect. We had to ask for clean towel, coffee, etc. We were quoted one price over the phone when making the reservation and ended up being billed 20% more. The gentleman at the front desk (who seemed to be there 24/7 as we never saw anyone else at the desk) was very uncooperative and rude at times. We were in town for the funeral of my Aunt and very sorry we chose to stay at Colonial Inn. We will never stay at this hotel ever again even though it is close to the area we needed to be in. We will sacrifice the additional mileage just to have a more comfortable and pleasant visit to Kingsport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family