“La Quintas are Very Good”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Stayed here on a trip going south. You cannot go wrong with a La Qunita. Each hotel is basically the same and the services are the same. The comp breakfast is good too. It is a good value and the breakfast keeps you to one paid meal per day.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport

Reviewed April 13, 2009

As a women traveling with a toddler, I took great strides in researching where we could stay while driving from PA to GA.. I chose to stay here based on reviews that I found on the internet. The "castle" (as my daughter called it) was clean, beds were very comfortable, and breakfast was tasty. I felt truly secure which was of utmost importance to me. The exit was quite and not a lot of traffic. There was a Cracker Barrel, Wendy's, and gas station in close proximity. Make sure you stop at the TN welcome center for hotel coupons. I saved over $30 with a coupon. Happy travels!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2009

We had a wonderful experience from the moment we stepped in. The lobby was elegant and inviting. The staff was exceptionally courteous and accommodating. This includes everyone we ran into. We asked for a room with a good Internet connection, so she gave us a room that had a WiFi router in it. She did other things to help us as well.

It is quiet, even though it is right off the highway. Two restaurants in walking distance, but nicer restaurants are about a 10 minute drive. The rooms are perfectly clean and every bit as nice as the pictures.

The towels are the plushest we have seen in a mid-priced hotel.

The breakfast was continental, but very nice. They also had fruit, hard-boiled eggs and two waffle irons. My only complaint is that they close at 9:00. I came late, but the lady cleaning up accommodated me well with what was still out.

I recommend the hotel highly.

They have a very nice outdoor pool, but it is closed now.

Travel tip: Look for coupons to get a good rate. The Tennessee Welcome center is a good place for that.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2009

The room was clean, comfortable, and conveniently arranged, the net access was decent (could have been a bit faster, but I've encountered far worse), and the breakfast was good (cereal, eggs, yogurt, breads of many kinds, fruit, etc.). The only restaurants within walking distance (or even easy driving distance) were fast-food places or Cracker Barrel. That was a negative, but I would nevertheless stay again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2008

I stayed at this small, quiet, clean hotel while attending the National Storytelling Festival in nearby Jonesboro. There was some discussion when I arrived, because I did not know I was booked through Expedia (nothing on the site I used was labeled Expedia) and I had no flexibility in the changes I needed to make in my arrangements. I will make sure THAT does not happen again.
The staff was friendly and the man who drives the shuttle was extremely helpful in assisting me with my luggage. The hotel is right off of Highway 81, and easy to locate. Although ; make sure you eat before you get there, because other than Wendy’s and Cracker Barrel there is nothing else around, especially late at night.
The best part came after I left. I had accidentally left the newly purchased souvenirs from the festival in the dresser drawer; including two books a tee-shirt and a CD for which I paid over 100 dollars. I called the hotel the next day and they had found the items. They said they would mail them to me. Just when I thought I would never see those things again; they arrived in the mail including the $14. commemorative Christmas Ornament I purchased at the Festival. That was EXCEPTIONAL Customer Service.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I stay here periodically on behalf of my company. I stay without any ground transportation, so it is nice to be so close to a variety of restaurants, like Cracker Barrel, Krystal, Wendy's and a gas station. The room is on par for a 2.5 star place, with bedding being perhaps the weakest link. It's still clean and comfortable, and typical for a hotel like this or a Holiday Inn. The breakfast is better than average, though I didn't seem to find any afternoon cookies. Transportation is easy from the airport, and the staff is capable and friendly.

Overall, this place is a hotel that provides what you need, though without the "fluff" or extra style points. If your expectations are for a clean, comfortable, and safe place to stay, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank hotelcookies
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I'm traveling 2 months with my son cross country. I needed a hotel that was safe, clean and affordable. I hit the trifecta with La Quinta in Kingsport.

First, Trish & Sonya working the front desk are two of the most helpful and friendly hotel staffers I ever met in my life. Checkin was very smooth. The hotel has FREE WIRELESS that worked 100% of the time. I even sat by the outdoor pool and got reception.

The breakfast was pretty good. The best part was the waffle maker! That was a nice touch.

Location is PERFECT. Right off the highway, near the airport, next to restaurants (Wendy & Cracker B), next to two gas stations. Like someone else wrote, there was NO noise from the outside. Very quiet here.

Also, I got one of those coupons in the travel guide you get at the rest stops. I payed $47 per night, with a total bill for 3 days at about $165 (tax was added). GREAT DEAL! The room had everything we needed, but most of all I felt very comfortable here. And since we're on the road for a few months, that's pretty important.

I'll post some photos in a couple of days....

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family