“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Morrow, Ohio
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our Gold Wing Motorcycle group consisting of 24 people stayed here on June 22, 2012. I had reserved a block of rooms and when we arrived the front desk was ready for us. We all checked in efficiently. The rooms were clean and fresh. This motel sits right next door to a Cracker Barrel and after riding all day though the mountains of KY and into TN we were all glad to have a good restaurant we could walk to. I would highly recommend this motel for its cleanliness and price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
j
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I usually stay at Hampton Inn but was traveling with my dog and needed a pet friendly hotel. My first experience here was very positive and I have stayed here twice since then even though I was not traveling with my pet. The hotel is clean,quiet, and the beds comfy. There is a Cracker Barrel next door within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manheim, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night as we were passing through to go to North Carolina. The first thing we noticed was a hearse in the front parking lot. THAT was something I'd never experienced before. The outside of the hotel definitely needs some tender loving care; curb appeal is vital in the hotel business so I'd certainly suggest respectfully, that the manager go outside and look at his hotel from the viewpoint of a guest. Needs some sprucing up, for sure. The front desk person on duty when we arrived was cheerful, pleasant and helpful. The lobby was clean and inviting. We were given a room on the fifth floor. We found the room to be neatly decorated, two (comfy) beds and a small balcony as well. Housekeeping evidently didn't like corners, as most had been missed or avoided. After I took off my shoes and socks, I stepped on the carpet and noted that vacuuming had been forgottten or avoided as well. On the one side of the second bed, my husband found a used tissue (kind of gross). In the morning we went downstairs to the breakfast area (just a few tables). We found beverages, cereals, bagels, and batter to make your own waffles (there were no instructions posted as to how to do it--I found out later the waffle iron turns upside down--so I decided not to embarrass myself and do it incorrectly). There was plenty there, though, to fill a hungry tummy. Finishing our breakfast (included with your stay), we headed to the lobby to check out. Again, the desk person was very sweet, efficient and inquired as to how we found everything. My husband, sweet man, told her everything was "fine." I interrupted and whispered that housekeeping had not vacuumed our room and that it might be nice if they'd do that for the next guest. The desk clerk apologized very nicely and explained that they were SUPPOSED to vacuum, of course, and that she didn't understand why it had not been done. Perhaps this was just a slip-up, I don't know, but I think I was right in mentioning it. Overall we liked it there although we probably would not go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank blankie
Nicholasville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Have stayed at LaQuinta's before...this one was pitiful. Stunk to high heavens! At check in I ask for a room that was non-smoking...said hotel is booked! "but I have like 50 bottles of Febreeze"!
Beds were pitiful...carpets in rooms were dirty...Phone in room didn't work when we tried to call the front desk. Called them from my cell phone, maintenance man brought another one that looked like it came from the garbage - was nasty.

Hallways stunk overwhelming with smoke. Floors in elvevators cracked...rough place. LaQuinta needs to spend some money updating this one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Grovetown, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is one of only two hotels in the area that I'm aware of that accept pets, we go quite often because family lives here and we take turns with these two. The front desk people are very nice as well as the housekeeping staff. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable but the pillows left a lot to be desired - they really need to upgrade them. My only real complaint was that they need more power outlets. I had to crawl under the desk to plug in my phone, then after it charged had to swap it with my laptop plug. My husband was utilizing the other outlet. All they need to do is get one of those lamps with two or three outlets on the base that I've seen in other hotels.

Room Tip: I called the hotel directly to get a better rate than quoted on line.