La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Based on good experience at LaQuinta's we booked this one for five nights, but only stayed one night. The hotel needs professional, expert contractors to provide repairs. Starting with paint peeling off the front doors to the badly water damaged ceilings and walls the hotel looks like it has deferred maintenance for a long time.

The rooms are cramped, there no rooms that could honestly be called "suites" at this "Inn and Suites. We moved to a nearby-hotel and got a great suite for a few dollars more.

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Bigfoo

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We always look for LaQuintas, and this one didn't disappoint us. Room was clean, updated, comfy and had the microwave and fridge I requested. There appeared to be a motor cross event and other sporting events nearby - the inn filled in the evenings with vehicles towing dirt bikes/trailers. Even with late check-ins, the room was quiet (end of the hall next to the stairs). Breakfast was good, but one of the two waffle irons was broken which made the crowded breakfast area less efficient than normal. The breakfast server was very accommodating. There wasn't much grass for the dog around the hotel, but there were grassy fields behind the hotel and across the street, also nice quiet road to walk on.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have stayed in many LQs, and I have to say this was not up to what I expect. No fridge or microwave, terrible location in the middle of nowhere, and while I can't say it was dirty, it didn't feel as clean as I wanted it to be. I cut my reservation short and moved to a Holiday Inn Express in Johnson City, which for $5 more a night was well, well worth it. Bottom line, this hotel is fine, but as I return to work in this area, I'll stay at the Holiday Inn for sure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This was a stop over on our way from NJ to Nashville.
Sandra at check in was delightful. She was handling an unusual gentleman at the time of our arrival, she dealt with him with extreme courtesy and professionalism.
The beds in the rooms are small doubles, we had booked 1 room for 2 adults and 2 teens but seeing the size of the beds decided to book an extra room.
Location is great, there are gas stations and a Wendys next door.
Rates great.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel is wonderful, clean, quiet, with very friendly staff. They are right next door to a Cracker Barrel so convenient after a long day on the road! The rate is very reasonable as well.
Breakfast is the normal hotel fare, and served in a very clean dining area, and friendly staff.
Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I always go for top floor away from highway side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed here because of a 5:24AM flight at TRI airport. This accomodation is used primarily by almost all airline companies so we were riding the free shuttle van service together with the pilot and the attendants of our flight. There is actually another hotel out of Johnson City that provides shuttle service but I don't believe they provide as early as my 5:24 AM flight. And besides, why would you stay at Johnson City which is about 20-30 mins away from the airport when La Quinta is only minutes away?

The free full breakfast buffet was already open before the shuttle van arrived, but we were in a hurry to take the ride and only had coffee.

I parked my vehicle for free until we came back from our trip. It did not take long for the van to arrive at the airport when we came back. By the time I called for the shuttle to come, they had already sent their van out, we rode with airline staffs who are spending the night at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ilovebargains
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#9 of 16 in Kingsport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport? Share your experiences!