“Clean and not expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Kingsport
Ashland, Ohio
“Clean and not expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stay here every time I am in the Bristol area. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The only real down side is the smoking rooms stink so bad that it comes out into the hall way and I could smell them in my room. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Pat c
Jennifer S, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your positive response. I am glad to hear our staff is friendly. I do apologize for the smoke smell. We are in the process of cleaning all our carpets and hope by the time you come back, that it will be completed. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Asheville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We arrived at the hotel about two hours before check in time. The young lady at front desk was kind enough to allow us to check in early. We had paid in advance, so check in was a breeze. We are light sleepers and the room were were given was facing the interstate, however, the room was quiet, not once were we bothered by noise Our room was on the second floor, did not even hear people above us. Breakfast the next morning was just ok for me....There were sausage rounds and eggs...eggs were bland and were the little round patty type of scrambled eggs. They did have the waffles...which I think is their only saving grace!....There was somewhat of a variety, just not my choices.... The attendant was nice and kept the breakfast area clean and well stocked. The beds were comfortable, The room was clean...It had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Check out was easy. The hotel did have restaurants in the area..Cracker Barrel right across the street, service stations etc near by, I guess the only real complaint was the total lack of friendliness from the entire staff..it was "just a job" or so it appeared..no "enjoy your stay," no "Good morning" from front desk or no "Did you enjoy your stay"...I think overall that if your employees exhibit that they genuinely want your stay to be pleasant and that if you are happy, they will always have repeat business. I would return to this hotel as the price was good for me and overall, clean and in a safe area...Happy travels!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We greatly appreciate all your positive feedback. I am sorry that our staff fell short of your expectations. I will be sure to address this with them immediately. I hope you will give us another chance. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
nashville, tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stay at a lot of Sleep Inn Suites. Find them to be newer and nicer than regular Sleep Inns. This one says Suites but the two rooms we were in were not. First room had a strong smoke smell moved to second room. Should have left but it was late and we were tried. Small room with carpet stains and frayed in several places. Bed was OK. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kwalker
Jennifer S, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
We will be doing another remodel around November, so the property will be updated. We hope you will come back and give us another try.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here on our way back to PA from Gulf Shores, AL. The property has been renovated and looks pretty nice. It is just a little back from the interstate, so it is quiet and no road noise. The bedding was OK, a little soft for my liking. There is no tub in the bathroom, just a shower--not a biggie. The door to the room with the shower and toilet was a pocket door and was hard to pull out when pushed all the way back in the wall. Had trouble finding SNL on TV and had to watch on a really bad cable channel. The thing I didn't appreciate was the ants on the breakfast bar. The top of the counter was black so I didn't see them until they crawled up the white container that held something. They were also on the table where we sat to eat. I notified the front desk and the comment was made that they spray once a month and they would probably have to spray again before that. Ugh!

Room Tip: You don't have to worry about road noise at this location. The halls were very quiet when we wer...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1976RN
I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are taking your comments seriously and will take care of the issues. We hope to see you again in the future.
Harlingen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Very nice property, this property has recently been renovated an a very nice job. For the price 70 dollars it's a real value, very clean, greak great breakfast, good service at check in desk. Well worth the stay in the area

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank dgfaust
Jennifer S, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank for taking the time to complete a survey. I will be sure to tell the staff about your wonderful comments. We hope to see you again in the future.
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed here a night because we were pulling our popup camper and it was about half way to our destination ...D.C. Lots of parking for large rigs and campers. Staff friendly, quite rooms, right off the interstate. There is a convince store and restuants close by. We did not take time to eat the breakfast but it looked good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mkd2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a survey. We look forward to guest response, so we will know better how to serve you in the future. I hope you will be joining us again soon!
Mission, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way home after visiting family. The only complaint I had was that I had to wait about five minutes at check-in because no one was at the desk. I had just taken my phone out to call the hotel when someone finally came. After that everything was fine--the room was larger/less crowded than we typically see at a Sleep Inn and it was clean. The internet was good and we did not have trouble staying connected. The breakfast area was large enough so that it was not crowded and the options were adequate (I would have liked to see biscuits or English muffins however). This was our second time to stay at this hotel and we will stay again when it fits into our travel plans.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara T
Thank you for your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out a survey. We will use this survey to better our service for future visits. Have a great day and hope to see you again.