“So So at Kingston, Tennessee”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed July 9, 2007

For a Marriott our room was small and plain. The fawcett "blew" off the wall in the shower/bathtub when the knob was pulled for the shower. Only one luggage cart was available for guest use without a bellman so we carried our luggage as the bellman had the other one. Internet acess in the room was an extra $10 per day and there was a per min. charge in the business center. The front desk said the free wireless access in the lobby didn't work well (they were right). Not what I expect in a Marriott . Raise the rate a couple of dollars and don't appear so cheap!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edward L

Reviewed November 8, 2006

We've stayed here multiple times on business and have always had a nice room with nice service. Bar area needs a couple good Plasma TV's on the wall instead of the dated Big Screen TV with screen burn-in. Bar area is currently being renovated so hopefully that will be done. Internet access will cost you $10 per day. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Matty_k182
Reviewed November 4, 2006

The Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort was the venue of choice for SAACURH 2006, a large conference for college and university students inolved in campus residence life. It is a beautiful facility, with its own exit off of I-181, near the foothills of the mountains.

The lobby bar is undergoing renovation, but it was closed off and really didn't affect the conference or stay. Some of the larger convention rooms do show sign of wear (some of the the tables in one breakout room were in especially bad shape), but the boardrooms and public spaces were beautifully decorated and in excellent condition. The conference center portion of the hotel featured high ceilings, plenty of seating areas, and an attractive fireplace in the main foyer. Every single aspect of the conference was handled efficiently and professionally, and I must commend the staff for making it a complete success. Because of the conference, I did not try the hotel's restaurant.

The hotel itself was excellent as well. Two very attractive and well-kept elevators serve the hotel's guestrooms. Once you get used to the fact that the lobby is on the second floor, getting around is quite easy. My room (which I shared with three others from my school) was a corner room. Room 528 doesn't have an in-room fridge, but it has a HUGE walk-in closet. In fact, one of our group actually chose to sleep in the closet! The beds were simply wonderful, and was one of the highlights of the room. The room itself was attractive, clean, and very well furnished.

If I had to field one complaint, it would be that internet is not free. I forgot the cost of connecting in-room but if you wanted to use the computers in the business center, it would cost $6 for 20 minutes of online use. Since many less upscale hotels offer this service for free, the charge makes no sense.

But, as long as you budget internet usage money into your plans, there is nothing wrong with this hotel. The setting is beautiful, the staff is professional and courteous, the facilities are attractive and well-kept, and the beds are delightful. For a large conference or upscale getaway in the Kingsport area, it's hard to beat the Marriott MeadowView.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank LGILMAN479
Reviewed October 15, 2006

The Meadowview Resort has been one of the most consistent places I have ever stayed. The entire staff will bend over backward to make your stay pleasant. The few small issues I’ve had over many stays were always handled quickly and in a most professional manner. This trip there was construction going on, but it was hardly noticeable. Again the front desk staff made sure that we got the room we wanted and the staff of the restaurant provided great service. This Resort is without a doubt the best deal in the area for quality and service.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveltt
Reviewed September 7, 2006

I stayed here for a overnight stay for work. I did not want to get up from the most comfort bed I've ever been in! I would definently stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank skh
Reviewed June 12, 2006

We were in Kingsport, TN to visit family and stayed at this resort the night of June 3. The senior rate was the best in the area and the hotel was incredible. Our room was on one of the high floors overlooking the pool and golf course--just beautiful. The room was extremely comfortable with superior bedding and very clean. We had brunch at the hotel on Sunday morning and the food was excellent. My ONLY complaint was that I had only one night to enjoy this resort. If we are ever in the area again, we'll definitely stay here!!

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank missloulou
A TripAdvisor Member
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed January 2, 2006

We stayed as a result of a referral from another hotel! Our family was so pleased with the pleasant staff, lovely grounds, spacious and clean room, and wonderful restaurant! We enjoyed our stay tremendously. I can not imagine why anyone would not enjoy their time spent at this facility!

• Stayed: December 2005