“Nice hotel but no excuse for dirty bathroom”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We spent a weekend night at this hotel recently. We had stayed at this same hotel several years ago and based on that experience we were very disappointed.

The problems we had were with very basic services that this class of hotel should not have any problems with providing: a clean room and adequate temperature control.

The bathroom had not been cleaned properly. There was a dirty wash cloth hanging on the shower rod. The shower had some kind of blue goo in it. We found a Breathe Right nasal strip stuck to the shower curtain. The carpet in the sink area was dirty.

The room could not adequately be cooled and the windows were unable to be opened. The room temperature was stuck in the 70s which was too hot for sleeping.

One of the keys we were given to the room did not work which caused difficulty in accessing the room until we found the other key that did work.

Positives are the nice, modern decor.

The hotel is currently undergoing construction but we did not experience any noise or issues.

No free internet access.

Odd stuff: This and other Marriott's we have stayed in recently seem to be having a towel shortage. They are only placing two towels in the bathroom. I realize this is likely to save money but it seems cheap to me and is annoying to not have enough towels in the room.

Bottom line: This is a nice hotel but their cleaning staff needs better supervision and rooms either need better air conditioning systems or the ability to open the windows. If they improved these issues we would return.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ethomasnc

Reviewed August 6, 2009

Booked this one through Priceline as a travel stop at a great rate and really liked it. Staff was fantastic and extremely friendly/helpful, rooms were nice and very clean.

The property will be even better after the renovation/expansion/construction is done, but being aware of this through reviews on TripAdvisor we asked to be placed away from that since we're not early risers (it starts at 8:00, so wouldn't even bother some). They did give us a good room location (even with a very late check in) and we weren't disturbed. Late check out no problem (nothing was a problem).

Restaurant was good and not too expensive, though perhaps a little high for the area. Amenities were good. Location was good and apparently where you'd want to be in Kingsport (per a local friend). The grounds are great. Parking is a bit removed from the doors, but they do offer valet.

A good representative of the chain. My only complaint with recent stays at full service Marriotts are the mattresses (which are adequate but could be much better - they're not that comfortable).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Chocdiggity
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Stayed here on a biz trip to KIngsport for 2 nights. Right off the highway, great location.
Super comfortable beds, lots of parking, and relaxing scenery.
My only complaint was that on my final day, I stayed in for an extra hour and realized the noise that the construction for the new renovations causes. I was trying to get some work done before my flight home, and there was this horrible drilling sound that made it near impossible.
I called the front desk to ask if there was anything that could be done and the manager said no, but told me to come down to the restaurant and they would comp me a breakfast and that it was nice and quiet down there. Considering the inconvenience, they were very accomodating and apologetic.
Once the renovations are done, this place will be even better.
Great bar/lounge in the lobby...watched the march madness with lots of friendly people on business, had a nice steak and a few beers. Not the cheapest option in the area, but it was better than driving around kingsport looking for somewhere to eat, when all the places close early due to recession.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank keefnyc
Reviewed March 16, 2009

I had a lovely stay here a week ago while teaching at a convention that was onsite. The hotel seems to be plopped down in the middle of a large piece of land that allows great views of the surrounding mountains.

I especially enjoyed having my morning coffee in one of the many rocking chairs in the courtyard, and going out there again in the evening with a margarita. -The bartender did a terrific job on those!

Everything about the hotel was clean and well taken care of. The rooms were spacious and the beds extremely comfortable... it was hard to get out of bed in the morning! The fitness center was well-kept and had many machines to choose from. There were even two flat screen TV sets to watch while on the cardio equipment.

The hotel was under a renovation while I was visiting, but it never disturbed me. You can only tell that they are under renovation when you look down from the courtyard and see the area where the construction workers set up.

I ate at the restaurant twice during my stay, and enjoyed it very much. I highly recommend the salmon.

You're sure to have a pleasant stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Not pleased at all. Asked for mountain view room...could see the mountain only between the mud splattered all over our windows, and beyond the massive crane and workers that were right outside our window Friday, Sat, & Sunday!!! Construction even on the other side of one of the walls in our room! Was horrible experience. Rooms felt old, outdated, and cramped. Nothing hi-end about the hotel except for its lobby! Even charged for internet access whether in the room or the pathetic business center...Tacky in modern terms. Would not recommend!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily2009_9
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I spent three nights here as part of a wedding weekend. We spent a great deal of time at the hotel and everyone on staff that we encountered was so friendly and kind. All needs were quickly met and their attitudes were consistently positive. The room was spotless (I felt very comfortable allowing my toddler to run free and touch everything!). The beds were very comfy. The restaurant had an excellent breakfast & lunch (did not get the opportunity to eat dinner). THe grounds were immaculate and inviting. I hear the golf is pretty good too! It is located in a beautiful spot, although not as secluded as the website makes it look. It is very close to nature parks and other key places in Kingsport. I highly recommend staying here. It absolutely represents what the Marriott chain is famous for.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Went w/ spouse on business/pleasure trip to TriCity. We stayed at the Marriott Meadowview and it was really nice. We parked and the manager was outside and greeted us and walked us in. Checkin was easy and the clerk was helpful in pointing out some places to eat and things to see. The room was nice and the bed was one of the best I have slept in (including the watermark in Tx). Maids were wonderful and left us plenty of towels and lotions. The pool was okay - they are going to be remodeling it this fall. The bar was a happenin' place - we loved sitting outside by the fire ring and gazing at the stars. Bartenders were nice people. The restaurant was very good too. Nice breakfast buffet. When we have to return for a visit, we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 16 in Kingsport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!